+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Ariane - Top Chef: New York

FORT Fogey

Re: Ariane - Top Chef: New York

Quote Originally Posted by babymay;3341600;
    I am watching Iron Chef America and Ariane is one of the challengers sous chefs. Boby Flay is the Iron Chef and the secret ingredient is King Crab.
    Sweet! Did her team win?

On another note....I just had a thought....Carla won for doing something as simple as straight-up peas. While I think there is something different about well-cooked vegetables and devilled eggs, simplicity isn't it.

Ariane and Carla have been my 2 favs since day one.
    Last edited by Jexter; 02-23-2009 at 01:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3342012;
    Sweet! Did her team win?

On another note....I just had a thought....Carla won for doing something as simple as straight-up peas. While I think there is something different about well-cooked vegetables and devilled eggs, simplicity isn't it.

Ariane and Carla have been my 2 favs since day one.
    Bobby Flay won. he had a bit of an advantage though. The challengers other sous chef had to back out due to illness and the replacement was allergic to crab.

I agree about the simplicity of Carla and Ariane's food.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

It was really close though... 50 to 49.
    I personally thought the challengers dishes looked and sounded better.
    Ariane seemed to do a really good job!

Quote Originally Posted by souljourney;3342134;
    It was really close though... 50 to 49.
    I personally thought the challengers dishes looked and sounded better.
    Ariane seemed to do a really good job!
    I didn't recognize her until they had the problem with the too hot saute pan. She kept her head down all night, I almost think it was on purpose.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

She avoided the camera. It was nice to see her in that venue.

FORT Regular

I had to do a double take to remember why she looked familiar!

Is it just me, or does Bobby Flay complain a lot? I wanted the challenger to win.

Hi all! I knew I had to post when I saw Ariane and her familiar cap doing sous chef duties for Amanda Freitag on Iron Chef America. I'm kind of curious as to how some of the chefs pick their team, as those sous chefs don't necessarily work in their restaurant kitchens. Anne Burrell has never worked for a Mario Batali restaurant, as far I can tell. Maybe they're just friends. But how Ariane got to work for Amanda Freitag, I'd love to know.

Anyway, the battle was very close (1 point) and I thought from the comments that Freitag had beat Bobby, something that is quite rare. It was a shame that the judges didn't have an real knowledgeable people, as Freitag's veal and crab dish went under their radar. She said she was doing updates on classics and that was Veal Oscar, which has veal, crab, asparagus and bearnaise. It was considered real high end stuff about 30 years ago. Instead these judges seemed to think that dish was out of left field. Pity... Jeffrey or another chef would've known.

I work on 36th street and a woman with sort of orange-ish fur was walking down the street and she looked tan and familar (not sure if the fur was real so don't hate!)...it was Ariane! Walking with Carla! I was gob-smacked! I told so many people in my office but no one watched Top Chef...and I just knew where to go... : )
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Quote Originally Posted by madlyophelia;3360474;
    Hi all! I knew I had to post when I saw Ariane and her familiar cap doing sous chef duties for Amanda Freitag on Iron Chef America. I'm kind of curious as to how some of the chefs pick their team, as those sous chefs don't necessarily work in their restaurant kitchens. Anne Burrell has never worked for a Mario Batali restaurant, as far I can tell. Maybe they're just friends. But how Ariane got to work for Amanda Freitag, I'd love to know.

Anyway, the battle was very close (1 point) and I thought from the comments that Freitag had beat Bobby, something that is quite rare. It was a shame that the judges didn't have an real knowledgeable people, as Freitag's veal and crab dish went under their radar. She said she was doing updates on classics and that was Veal Oscar, which has veal, crab, asparagus and bearnaise. It was considered real high end stuff about 30 years ago. Instead these judges seemed to think that dish was out of left field. Pity... Jeffrey or another chef would've known.
    First of all madlyophelia, to the FORT! I saw this Iron Chef, too and thought that was Ariane. I agree that Freitag should have scored higher than Bobby. The food she made looked amazing.

I work on 36th street and a woman with sort of orange-ish fur was walking down the street and she looked tan and familar (not sure if the fur was real so don't hate!)...it was Ariane! Walking with Carla! I was gob-smacked! I told so many people in my office but no one watched Top Chef...and I just knew where to go... : )
    beerbelly, thanks for sharing your sighting! How fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie;3361388;
    First of all madlyophelia, to the FORT!
    Thank you! I posted several years ago, but just rejoined, as I seem to be watching more and more of these shows.

+ Reply to Thread