+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Top Chef Season 5 - Spoilers and Speculation

FORT Newbie

Re: Top Chef Season 5 - Spoilers and Speculation

The main part of the season finished months ago. Remember that there are several months between the main season and the finals, where there are typically 4 cheftestants left. The timing is right for the finals to be filming now.

As for whom people are seeing, I agree that they often bring back eliminated contestants to help, and they can certainly bring back everyone still in the competition at the time the finals are being filmed in order to throw people off the track.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkycheese;3277050;
    I've been lurking for a while, but there are a number of shows I'm following and thought it was time to join and comment.

This is very interesting. I am rather incredulous, though. Given how tight the show has been about leaks, it's a amazing that you would so easily get inside information about the finals. Further, it's almost laughable to say Carla's short on personality. Sounds like misdirection to me.

Oh well, we'll see what happens.
    I took the comment to mean that she doesn't have the personality of a top chef, the toughness or whatever, not that she's short on personality. Clearly she has a distinct personality and she doesn't fade into the background.

My guess is that they are doing the finale. Last season when the top three came back for the finale it was in a different location and some time had passed since the regular season stopped filming. Feels like it was two-three months in between. But I could be wrong. But there was definitely time passed before the final three finale.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Mags225;3277503;
    I took the comment to mean that she doesn't have the personality of a top chef, the toughness or whatever, not that she's short on personality. Clearly she has a distinct personality and she doesn't fade into the background.
    Really? This is what was said,

Quote Originally Posted by ANTMaddict
    But I really like her... even though word is she doesn't have the personality.
    *shrug* I guess it's subject to interpretation.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkycheese;3277984;
    Really? This is what was said,

*shrug* I guess it's subject to interpretation.
    If it had said she doesn't have "a personality" I would have interpretted it as she was short on personality. "The personality" I take as meaning a specific type, in this case, based on the context, I take it to mean a "top chef" type.

FORT Fogey

The Peter Principal is at play with Ted Allen. His new show Chopped is another disaster. He does not have the hosting skills required to anchor a show. We may see him return as a judge next season. I don't see either Chopped of Food Detectives surviving.

FORT Newbie

Judging by the commercials for Restaurant Wars, one of the front-of-the-house people will get eliminated. My guess is Radhika.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by stinkycheese;3279364;
    Judging by the commercials for Restaurant Wars, one of the front-of-the-house people will get eliminated. My guess is Radhika.
    It looks that way. Apparently she is the leader and doesn't feel she has control; that spells doom. Hosea saying, "Leah knows if we lose, it will be her fault" is loaded also. So Hosea may be in danger. One thing we know is that Leah is probably safe!

I am not thrilled with some aspects of restaurant wars. Too much time is spent decorating the dinning room. I would like to see the decorator take charge after they have given her their plan and arrive with a crew to execute it. The front of the house person could help tweak the final touches and spend more time in the kitchen for prep.

I wonder how Rahdika will do since we never see her smile. It takes a big personality to pull off making diners feel welcome and cared for.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by ANTMaddict;3277369;
    let's get this straight.

Saturday I met the casting guy out at the club. He said he worked for bravo and was working on Top Secret show. I guessed Top Chef (since I watch it) and he eventually cracked. I asked him about my faves (ariane and carla ) and we talked about who was still in competition and what they are doing here. he never really confirmed to me who was the top, but if I were to go on what I felt he was trying to say, then Carla, Stefan, and two other guys are top 4. Jamie was just eliminated so she's top 5. Leah is a decoy - which makes Jamie one too as of now.

Sunday night he came back out but this time with Jamie and Leah and some others workers from the show. He said that there was going to be an elimination on Monday and that it was not looking good for Carla.

So, if that is the case, Monday Carla was eliminated.

Do you get the time frame now?

I am trying to keep my identity on the low as I do not know if they read this forum!! I befriended them and I don't want to get them in trouble.

I do have the casting director's info and we are now friends on myspace. I can prove this all through PM if need be

Quote Originally Posted by ANTMaddict;3277408;
    maybe they were egging me on. But it doesn't make any sense as to why Jamie and Leah were there.

I do remember Jamie saying something about shooting being over in November and that she hasn't been home since.

So - maybe a certain number of decoys have been traveling with the crew since then. And maybe they had to wait until this week to finish filming - perhaps John Besche or Emeril will be a part of the finale. We'll see.

But I know they are here filming - that's a fact!! And that Jamie and Leah are not Top 4 according to the casting director I met.
    :nono

I seriously hope that the show's producers and lawyers see these posts and take serious action against those mentioned, including contestants. It's one thing for us to speculate and try to pick up on nuances from the editing of commercials to guess an outcome of a future epsiode. It's another thing, entirely, for cast and crew members to spill the beans to a random person in a bar. That is, unless you are really part of the crew. I'm almost certain that the crew and cast have strict language/contracts prohibiting them from sharing such information.

As you said, "We'll see." I expect Bravo and the production company will.

For what it's worth, I didn't think there is any reliable information in ANTM's post. They are contracted not to give away things. I don't know if they are not allowed to play with people and we are down to a few enough people that it can go many ways. There are no stand out's this season, and they swap out who is the train wreck from show to show. And more train wrecks than not...

Also, I thought the promos said there would be two elimins next week.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast