+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Top Chef Season 5 - Spoilers and Speculation

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: Location of Season 5 Revealed? (*POSSIBLE SPOILER*)

Oh no!!!!!!! No Ted Allen will be a sad day, indeed. I hope they bring in someone else interesting to sub for Gail, because I really can't stand her every week.

Re: Top Chef Season 5 - Spoilers and Speculation

Gail is still alive and kicking. I found a release on Ted Allen's replacement:
    This season introduces new judge Toby Young, food critic and best-selling author of the book "How to Lose Friends and Alienate People," which was the basis for an upcoming film.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck;3220346;
    I'm sorry to see that Ted Allen apparently won't be back. I guess with his new show on the Food Network, he's just too busy...
    I am sorry to hear that, too; I enjoyed his presence on Top Chef and was hoping they would use him more.

Food Detectives is a terrible show. I watched a few of them and took it off my Tivo. His over the top "acting" is ridiculous and the information, scant. A few interesting tid bits on the first couple of shows but it took way too long to get there. I doubt it will see a second season.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3221461;
    I am sorry to hear that, too; I enjoyed his presence on Top Chef and was hoping they would use him more.

Food Detectives is a terrible show. I watched a few of them and took it off my Tivo. His over the top "acting" is ridiculous and the information, scant. A few interesting tid bits on the first couple of shows but it took way too long to get there. I doubt it will see a second season.
    ITA... Ted can be so witty and urbane, not to mention crazy knowledgeable about food. Food Detectives is none of that...he tries to be snarky but falls miserably flat. I, too, would be surprised if it was renewed.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

I can't wait for Top Chef NY! I saw them all running around Williamsburg a few times at the beginning of this past summer. It should be a good season.

There are too many cheftestants! Good grief, how are we supposed to get to know all of them. I feel sorry for the early exits - they don't stand a chance to win fan fave.

I wonder if NO wasn't really ready for the show this year. I've been reading, here and there, that cleanup and restoration is still years away.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;3225530;
    There are too many cheftestants! Good grief, how are we supposed to get to know all of them. I feel sorry for the early exits - they don't stand a chance to win fan fave.

I wonder if NO wasn't really ready for the show this year. I've been reading, here and there, that cleanup and restoration is still years away.
    I don't think that is the reason. The areas that will take years would not be in the part of the city they would use. There are a lot of ducks to get in a row for this production. It could have been a simple matter of taping in the heat of a NO summer that queered the deal or not a suitable space to build their kitchen. Usually budget is at the top of the list on any production.

Doing a lap before I commit to a location

Apparently, it was not only because of Food Detectives that Ted Allen isn't around this season.

Food Network's "Chopped" seems to be a competition show much like Top Chef that he is hosting or judging.

I just saw a commercial for it last night. This should be good, glad to see Ted again, and the more food competition shows, the better.

Have we EVER seen this Toby judge?????
    Could does not mean should

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by VeronicaBelle27;3265013;
    Apparently, it was not only because of Food Detectives that Ted Allen isn't around this season.

Food Network's "Chopped" seems to be a competition show much like Top Chef that he is hosting or judging.

I just saw a commercial for it last night. This should be good, glad to see Ted again, and the more food competition shows, the better.

Have we EVER seen this Toby judge?????
    I checked out the web site.

I don't have a lot of faith in Ted as a host. He made a decent judge and had a good run on Queer Eye but if that Food Detective show was any indication it may not be his forte.

I am not sure this show will be all that good but I will certainly watch it. It seems a watered down version of Top Chef. Those copy cat shows never thrive.

ANTMAddict!

ok - just a lucky person here... as I shall go nameless!

They are shooting in New Orleans this week... have been here since Friday. Sightings of Leah and Jamie out at the clubs on Bourbon ... heard Carla and Stefan are here too.

Thinking Leah is just a decoy. Heard Ariane and Radihka are out of the running.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast