+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Top Chef Season 5 - Spoilers and Speculation

Re: Location of Season 5 Revealed? (*POSSIBLE SPOILER*)

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck;3129447;
    Good point, gizmo...though I still think they should seriously consider doing TC in The Big Easy at some point...
    Some of S4 judges were pushing for the Big Easy too. I hope they go there for S6.

I was searching for spoilers for S5 and was found a site that directed me back to FoRT
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

I heard on the radio yesterday that the Foo Fighters are supposed to be guest judges on season 5 for the Thanksgiving episode!! Apparently Dave Grohl is a fan of the good eats!

FORT Fanatic

The chefs' living quarters are in a condo at 20 Barclay Street.

aga
    FORTified

Top Chef Season 5 Spoilers

On Friday, Tom Colicchio was on the Today Show, his appearance is related to a challenge for this upcoming season of Top Chef. Video of the Today Show segment.
    Tom (speaking to the Today Show hosts): "Their assignment was to prepare and demonstrate a dish that they would make if they were on the Today Show. And we have 13 chefs; they all did a two-and-a-half minute demonstration, and we are pretty much deadlocked. So we narrowed it down to three. You're going to make the decision." (more)
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 10-22-2008 at 06:28 AM.
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

"Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)

Does anyone know when they're going to start airing Season 5? I saw a commercial last night on Bravo that said Top Chef: New York was "Coming Soon."

Here is Bravo's official press release about Season 5, which debuts Wed. Nov 12th (so soon!)
    BIG APPLE, BIG STAKES - BRAVO'S "TOP CHEF: NEW YORK" PREMIERES WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 12 AT 10 PM ET/PT

17 Sizzling New Chefs Take To Gotham Along With Guest Judges And Stars Including Martha Stewart, Foo Fighters, Jean-Georges, Eric Ripert, Natasha Richardson And New Judge Toby Young

NEW YORK October 1, 2008

Bright knives, Big city.

The fifth season of the No. 1 food show on cable, Bravo's Emmy and James Beard Award-winning series returns with "Top Chef: New York," premiering a super-sized episode Wednesday, November 12 at 10 p.m. ET/PT. The 17 new chef'testants take on The Big Apple this season to see if they have what it takes to become Top Chef. Once again returning to the kitchen, cookbook author, actress and host Padma Lakshmi presides over the judge's table alongside head judge Tom Colicchio, renowned culinary figure and chef/owner Craft Restaurants, and judge Gail Simmons, of Food & Wine Magazine. This season introduces new judge Toby Young, food critic and best-selling author of the book "How to Lose Friends and Alienate People," which was the basis for an upcoming film. In what will prove to be the most challenging season yet, some of the biggest names in food, music and entertainment including Martha Stewart, Foo Fighters, Jean-Georges, Eric Ripert, Rocco DiSpirito, Wylie Dufresne, Jean-Christophe Novelli and Natasha Richardson will be featured this season on "Top Chef: New York."

"Being in New York this season, we've upped the ante because this is our home turf so the pressure's on for the chefs to impress us," said Colicchio.

The 17 "Top Chef: New York" chef'testants will be skewered down week by week as they compete to out-flavor, out-cook and out-do their competition. The winning chef will receive $100,000 in seed money to help open a restaurant, furnished by the makers of the Glad family of products, a feature in Food & Wine magazine, a showcase at the Annual Food & Wine Classic in Aspen and will earn the title of "Top Chef." The Emmy-nominated Magical Elves return to produce "Top Chef: New York." Dan Cutforth, Jane Lipsitz ("Project Runway," "Top Design") and Shauna Minoprio return as executive producers.

Full article here; Cast bios/pix at BravoTV.com
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

So the first episode is in November. Can't wait. I am big fan of Top Chef.
    Treat me with respect and I'll treat you with respect.

I can't wait for the new season too!
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Official Bravo Season 5 Site Up

Bravo has put up the official season five website complete with cast bios.

BRAVOtv.com : Top Chef : Season 5 : Countdown to Premiere

(Mods, feel free to delete when official threads are made)

I'm sorry to see that Ted Allen apparently won't be back. I guess with his new show on the Food Network, he's just too busy...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast