+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Top Chef 4/9 Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: Top Chef 4/9 Discussion **Spoilers**

What happened? Who won Quickfire? Who was on what teams? Who won elimination? Who packed their knives? (I'm still at work!)
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Yeah, it sure was.

I have to say that leaving on the scales on the fish would have Richard packing if his past performances hadn't been good.

Zoi has been in the bottom several times now, so her going was not really a surprise. Spike barely made it out of there.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Quickfire was the blindfold tasting test. Antonia won it.

This elimination was cook to a element. Fire, Earth, Air and Water.

Fire was really the only dish that people really liked. It was Dale, Steph and Lisa. They fought like cats and dogs but ultimately pulled together. The winner got a prize this time. Dale is not a graceful loser. LOL

Superteam of Richard, Mark and Andrew left scales on their fish and ended up in B3. Zoi, Antonia and Spike didn't season thier dish right and ended up in B2. Antonia had immunity and took lead on their dish. So it was between Spike and Zoi, Zoi's part was key to dish so she got the boot.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

I guess I don't get Dale. He was on the winning team inspite of having a difficult person (Lisa) on his team and yet he blows all this venom at her? Was he jealous and resentful because she won a 5 day trip to Italy because the judges liked her bacon? I mean really how do you judge the value of bacon over marinated chiles? Really that could have gone either way. But seriously to blow up like that when the entire Fire Team should have been celebrating the win. Also, it is very short sighted of Dale to get that upset over a challenge prize. I mean isn't it more important that he be the Top Chef of season 4 and win the $100,000. Pretty Duh moment there. But even with that display of I am not sure what to call it I cannot really hate or detest Dale I save that all for Spike.

Don't even get me started on Spike. He was saved and then lambasts his teammates over the nonexistent soup. It looked as if he was kicking Zoe indirectly by attacking Antonia. Just cause his judgement sucked there was no need lash out at his teammates. I must admit I could not believe he called himself "a nice guy", pot here. No way, no how is Spike nice. He is vile. He is dispicable. He is doo doo. But he is not nice. I so hope when he is eliminated it sticks in his craw and gets twisted by each and every judge and contestent.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fanatic

I am hoping that either Richard or Stephanie is the Top Chef.

Or Mark. I kinda like the little Kiwi from New Zealand!

Bearcata~ I agree with you about Dale, but after reading more "behind the scenes" info about TC, I have a better appreciation. First off, Lisa's negativity has been wearing on Dale, and everyone else it seems. She just can't get a statement out of her mouth without cussing this, slamming that, or throwing whatever under the bus.
    That being said, I read that the TC deliberations last hours and hours. The chefs sit (and drink!) in the backstage storeroom for 5 hours easily (tired, hungry, and sleep deprived) while the judges deliberate. With Lisa's negative waves, and Dale's lack of sleep, it's easy to understand him blowing up at her for only "cooking some %*#ing bacon!"
    Impossible things are being done every day.

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo1;2907902;
    I am hoping that either Richard or Stephanie is the Top Chef.
    I like them as well. I also like Mark and Andrew (though Andrew is a little scattered, but very talented).

Spike just disgusted me tonight, as did Dale. I'm glad Zoi left - she bugged me almost as much and has yet to produce something good (her gf seems so sweet and supportive, though). Am I missing something - has Lisa been difficult in other challenges? I totally agreed with her protests in this challenge - a deviled egg for a "first course"?? She rightly wanted to do Asian cuisine (her specialty), and her bacon and the glaze on it sounded delicious (it's not like she threw a bunch of turkey bacon on a fryer or something). Dale was just bitter he didn't get the Italy trip.

I hate seeing the chefs act so unprofessionally and scream at each other like that. It was a flashback to Season 2. Argh.

Was the girl eliminated tonite one of the Lesbian couple. Maybe that's why the other girl got so angry and threw the chair (I sure wouldn't want to meet her in a dark alley!) You're right tho, it didn't make sense that dale got so angry.

FORT Newbie

Yup, the couple was broken up. Wondered when that would happen. I expected some kind of drama related to that relationship. There really wasn't any until the gf kicked the chair over at the end of the ep. That kind of gave me the creeps as did the whole nasty shouting match. Dale really flew off the handle.

Kay

I can understand these folks are probably existing on their last good nerve during deliberations. I remember reading something about Project Runway's runway deliberations lasting for years, too. In the meantime, the exhausted contestants are cooling their heels in a back room. So I think it's reasonable to factor exhaustion (and possibly a beverage or two or three) into the unprofessional blowups we saw. That said . . .

JMHO . . .

When Dale went off at Lisa, I think his doing so was mostly borne out of jealousy over Lisa winning the Italy trip, and he allowed her win to push him over the edge (Anybody remember seeing his face when the announcement was made? Whoah.). Even with that, I don't think his blowing up at her as he did was necessary, at all.

Spike going off at Antonia seemed to come mostly from his being mad at himself about NOT going ahead and doing a soup. ESPECIALLY after they wound up in the bottom teams and got dinged for not doing a soup by the judges. It also seemed to come from him being mad at Antonia for her immunity and her making her presence known and felt during the challenge and taking the lead, essentially, on their dish.

Again, not necessary.

And I think Jennifer's jumping into Spike and Antonia's mess (at least that's the mess I recall her jumping into, right now) had to do with her being pissed off about Zoi being eliminated.

Same song, third verse . . . Not necessary.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast