+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Top Chef 4/2 Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 4/2 Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Did they say why one team had 3 members and all the others had two?

What was the reason Manuel was eliminated?

Thanks for the updates, btw, I can't stay up late to watch!
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

FORT Fanatic

They had an odd number of people, since Dale won the quickfire, he got to pick which team he wanted to cook with.

I think he was eliminated because his side dish didn't go with the other dish and because he just went along with what was being made and didn't suggest something else. I was kind of lost on exactly why he got eliminated.
    Last edited by Poohtz; 04-02-2008 at 11:27 PM.

Sorry to see Manuel go. Very classy exit one of the best I can remember.

Did I miss something, or did they not introduce most of the people at the table? It was weird to have random people commenting - I really don't want to hear it. As for the "actress," I have no idea who she is, but at least she had something intelligent to say about food.

Any dishes you'd like to try? Do they post the recipes anywhere? Based on the judges' comments, the last course sounded great, but I do not eat beef.

They didn't identify anyone else at the table. They barely identified Richard Roeper and Aiesha Tyler.

Major props for Stephanie and Lisa. Especially Stephanie. She's been on or near the top in almost every challenge (iirc).

And VERY major props to Manuel for giving us what may be the absolute classiest farewell ever on TC. Spike got very lucky that Manuel contributed less and was, therefore, asked to PYKAG.

By the way...Richard...could you please take your little cutesy smoker and stick it where the sun don't shine? mmmkthnx

Watching the 1AM rerun after getting home from work...

I loved Andrew's delusional comment when Dale joined his and Richard's team, calling him a third wheel: "The weak go toward the strong!"

Dude, get over yourself.

Loved his Oompa Loompa, though.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Manuel did indeed exhibit total class in his exit. And Spike basically sold him down the river by pushing his Vietnamese skills, when the idea he had was lame. The movie Good Morning Vietnam was a lazy choice simply because the word "Vietnam" was in it. And he couldn't even take the lead to execute a decent dish for all his "mad skills"...

Spike can't leave too soon for me. He's more about attitude than talent IMO.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;2890921;
    Manuel did indeed exhibit total class in his exit. And Spike basically sold him down the river by pushing his Vietnamese skills, when the idea he had was lame. The movie Good Morning Vietnam was a lazy choice simply because the word "Vietnam" was in it. And he couldn't even take the lead to execute a decent dish for all his "mad skills"...

Spike can't leave too soon for me. He's more about attitude than talent IMO.
    You have a very good point, Spike was the expert with that type of food, if it wasn't any good and it was his idea, he should have been the one to go.

It bothers me that they act like a chef has to be a bad _ _ _, to make it in the food world.

Aisha Tyler as the person representing the acting world? Hilarious!

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar

That doofus Spike handled himself well. Dag-nabbit. He's so annoying. Manuel was a doll-baby, but out of his league. That was evidenced in the taco challange.

Okay, Rick Bayless said, in his blog, that Ryan had worked for him for about two days and not made a favorable impression. Then Bouloud says he worked for him and Ryan said it was not his thing. Wonder how many other guest judges are going to be former two minute employers of Ryan? It really killed all liking for me, of Ryan.
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast