Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 3/19 Discussion Thread **spoilers**

Re: 3/19 Discussion Thread **spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;2855581;
    Valerie got the boot.
    Thanks so much!

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar

The Gorilla team really mucked up. Valerie should have gone home. I don't see adding the crab as being an issue, because every team added foods the animals would not eat (never seen a lion discuss which olive oils are the most fruity), but the menu was a disaster. Although the blueberry stuffed mushrooms looked as horrible as they sounded.
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by nliedel;2856404;
    The Gorilla team really mucked up. Valerie should have gone home. I don't see adding the crab as being an issue, because every team added foods the animals would not eat (never seen a lion discuss which olive oils are the most fruity), but the menu was a disaster. Although the blueberry stuffed mushrooms looked as horrible as they sounded.
    The blueberry/mushrooms tasted as bad as they looked(turds) and the addition of cheese made them taste even worse. The only thing that saved Stephanie from going home was her banana bread which almost made up for the crab salad (salt drew liquids from veggies making a soggy mess). Better timing may have saved Valerie from going home - if only she had waited until the last moment to heat up her blinis - of course taste would still be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo1;2856801;
    Better timing may have saved Valerie from going home - if only she had waited until the last moment to heat up her blinis - of course taste would still be an issue.
    Valerie was calling blini's, Bellini's. Which just made me wonder what kind of experience she really has. Pancakes v. Peaches?

I'm not sure they could have been heated up and been good. I think they have to be made right then to avoid a, "pancake heated in the toaster" quality.
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

Quote Originally Posted by nliedel;2856815;
    Valerie was calling blini's, Bellini's. Which just made me wonder what kind of experience she really has. Pancakes v. Peaches?

I'm not sure they could have been heated up and been good. I think they have to be made right then to avoid a, "pancake heated in the toaster" quality.
    Blini are from Russia. They are small pancakes made from buckwheat and white flour tradionally served with sour cream and caviar. Blini like crepes should be made on the spot and eaten soon after. They are not good reheated. That was a horrible concept/idea on her part. That was a very bad decision and she suffered the consequences of that decision.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2857053;
    Blini are from Russia. .

As opposed to Bellini's, which are from Italy and involve peaches and Preseco. Is it five, yet?
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

FORT Fogey

Had the Gorilla team stuck with the Gorilla's diet they may have escaped the elimination round. They may have been criticized for keeping it too simple but the mushrooms would have loomed larger than they did. 3 sweet, fruit bites would have gone nicely with the entire event since everyone else concentrated on meat and fish.

Anyone else see Hung in this season's Dale? I know it's early, but he seems to have some of the same Type A, self described A-hole personality, but without the hyperactivity.

If Valerie had not messed up on the blini, I think the judges would've had a hard time deciding which of the mushroom screwups would've gone home. Maybe Dale for doing the unthinkable and 1) putting cheese on them, and then 2) not tasting them. But then again they were Nikki's idea in the first place and after her teammates decided not to serve them, she still gave them to the judges. That would've been a tough decision that Valerie saved them from.

Also, why does Valerie think Antonia threw her under the bus? All Antonia said was she'd rather hire Stephanie. Stephanie won the first round, and maybe she based her decision on that and how Stephanie worked in the kitchen.

I thought the question itself was out of left field: "who would you rather hire?" I guess we would have to see the unedited judge's table to see how that flowed into the rest of the discussion. Maybe they asked others the same question, but that one instance is what made it to air.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;2860061;
    I thought the question itself was out of left field: "who would you rather hire?" I guess we would have to see the unedited judge's table to see how that flowed into the rest of the discussion. Maybe they asked others the same question, but that one instance is what made it to air.
    They knew the status of the chef they asked; her resume must have stood out. I think they must have been looking for information as to how each worked in the group, confidence or something to add to their quandry. The competion has just begun and the judges reeally do go on the dish and nothing else. That is why talented chefs fall from the competition. Her take was respected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast