+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 3/12 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 3/12 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

JMHO . . .

I've worked in a few restaurant kitchens in my day. Let me put it this way . . . If your ears had a tendency to burn when cuss words were thrown around, then they'd be on fire from the time you hit the door 'til the time your shift ended (if you managed to make it through a shift, that is), some nights.

Having said that, I DO think that in a specialized situation like this --- where you are going to be taped and broadcast all over the country, etc. --- you might want to take that into consideration and clean it up. Just a little, at least. Nobody is expecting or asking you to be a saint (none of us are). But even though you may be the best chef/cook/whatever in the world, you don't really look as though you'd be somebody anybody would want to work around if every other word out of your mouth is having to be bleeped out. You come across as totally combative and --- even more importantly, to my way of thinking --- ignorant.

I think Andrew just might be interesting to watch. I liked that he didn't go off and make a big scene/issue about the missing deep-dish pan with whoever it was that took it. Right then wasn't the time to jawjack with the guy about it, and he recognized that, found a workable alternative and got his pizza out.

Good for him for handling it that way.

But all in all, it couldn't hurt him to clean up his mouth (at least a little) since he's on national TV, either.

Last edited by ness; 03-13-2008 at 05:15 AM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fogey

Andrew, may have gone off about the pan. There was a lot of footage to edit and we see his adversary chosing him for the challenge so more went down than we saw, certainly.

Nimma. I was sure she was going because too much salt is the most basic error made and the most inexcusable.

This season is going to be good! And here we go; now I want a duck egg roll. This show is difficult for me to watch because I live in Florida the food scene here is poor. Sure I could make myself some but I would rather be able to zip out to a restaurant and get something delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;2839703;
    Andrew, may have gone off about the pan. There was a lot of footage to edit and we see his adversary chosing him for the challenge so more went down than we saw, certainly.

Nimma. I was sure she was going because too much salt is the most basic error made and the most inexcusable.

This season is going to be good! And here we go; now I want a duck egg roll. This show is difficult for me to watch because I live in Florida the food scene here is poor. Sure I could make myself some but I would rather be able to zip out to a restaurant and get something delicious.
    OK. True. I DID nut up and allow myself to get suckered in by what the Editing Genies allowed us to see of Andrew's tango with the deep-dish pan. Given pretty much everything else they showed of him, he most likely DID turn the air blue over that!

Yep. Nimma should have gone. First, NO salt in a dish, then, so MUCH in one that it was inedible?

I don't think so!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

the food looked great last night..good gosh i never wanted to eat so many freaking deep dish pizzas in my life....and "smoking" a crab cake...dear heavens i am like just give me the freaking crab cake but it did look awesome..and just thinking about homemade mayo..i dunno..kinda made me a little sick and i even like mayo..ha ha...

glad nimma left...felt bad for her but i think she was rightfully chosen, also i just wanted her to have some kinda emotion when talking...i think dale is somewhat of a season 3 Hung(of course i am just going by last nights eppy, but we will see)

and whoa..rocco calling piccata guy dense...uhhh
    Sing it!!-Arizona Robbins

Top Chef is my absolute favorite show and my kids LOVE to watch the repeats when they are on earlier in the day. We really love to cook together as a family, including the kids. But my problem with the show last night, and it really was disappointing, was the OVERWHELMING amount of profanity that had to be bleeped out!! My husband and I watch this show ALL the time together and he got up and left! He said "I can't stand that constant bleeping sound!! They are on television on what SHOULD be a show that the whole family can watch and these people need to curb their mouths!!"....and I agree! We have already decided that the kids are not going to watch this season if this is how Bravo is going to allow the contestants to speak...having to bleep every other word!

Well I'm back watching TC after passing on last season and grimacing through the previous one. So far, so good. I'm not a duck fan, but even to me the winning dish looked yummy!

Nimma and Ryan both should have gone for equally bone-headed moves. Nimma for her salting and bizarre cauliflower poop and Ryan for continuing to insist that piccata is served with tomato sauce, and pasta. I'm was chanting at the tv- lemon and capers you IDIOT! And the guy who did the souffle (Erik?) - what was he thinking to pile all that stuff on top? Glad he didn't go though, seems like he might have some good stuff coming.

Can I kick Andrew to the curb - pretty please?
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Just a little reminder to all those who say this is a family show... it airs at 10PM... on basic cable... on BRAVO. I'm quite confused why people were expecting it to be Hannah Montana.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Quote Originally Posted by corprip;2839452;
    The cursing is standard in the kitchen. They are cooks, not etiquette coaches.
    But here they are not in the confined space of a kitchen where the only people subject to them are their coworkers.....this is a tv show being broadcast everywhere to people of all ages and Bravo needs to think about that......and the profanity was in the interviews with the contestants, not in the kitchen!

Quote Originally Posted by corprip;2839876;
    Just a little reminder to all those who say this is a family show... it airs at 10PM... on basic cable... on BRAVO. I'm quite confused why people were expecting it to be Hannah Montana.
    It is also shown all day long in repeats starting as early as 8am

FORT Newbie

yeah but you don't have to watch it then

+ Reply to Thread