+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 3/12 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 3/12 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Whoooo, they're still laying into Ryan during deliberations.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Poor Erik. I watched Anthony Bourdain's show the other day and he was talking about how much he hates, hates, hates nachos, and that's what Erik serves.

I feel like either Nimma or Ryan is out.

Stephanie's dish looked divine!

All of 'em look like they're about to hurl, right now.

Poor things.

Nimma's out.

Not surprised, really.

Too much salt is a very basic, basic, basic thing, and I guess that's what the judges might've been thinking.

That was so much of a no-brainer, it shouldn't've ever happened in the first place.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Yes! nimma out

Nimma's out.

Ryan was all but called dense by Rocco for not knowing what chicken piccata was and for his somewhat strange speech on his interpretation of the dish.

Watching the 11:15 repeat, just got home from work, so I'm avoiding the posts above me.

Nervous girl will be toast early on, I think.

OMG I want a pizza so bad now!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Andrew already annoys me. He's like Dr. Morris from "ER" trying to be street.

As does the Aussie's accent, but he seems nice enough.

And in general, why is it so acceptable to be foul-mouthed these days? Do the producers encourage it?
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

For some reason it looked like there were more women than men this season, but before Nimma got kicked to the curb, it was 8 vs 8. She is unlikely to be missed based on the anti-social, quiet view we had of her today.

I had forgotten how much I resented not being able to taste the results, but in some cases I guess it's a blessing.

It does make sense to me that a professional chef should know the classics well, before moving on to other dishes. However maybe allowances should be made when designing the challenges to be more reasonable. If something like a souffle is rare today, it should not have been on the menu. There were 1 or 2 things on the menu that I'd never even heard of and I couldn't have made any of them without a recipe. I'm not sure if all of these chefs have had some classical training, but if you learn on the job, you are only going to learn what you are exposed to.

Only time will tell as to whether the couple has an advantage or disadvantage.

I was really affected by the nervousness shown tonight. At one point I was breathing fast and shaking as though my butt was on the line, when I'm quite happy being just a basic cook.
    Last edited by dberk; 03-12-2008 at 11:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;2838927;
    Andrew already annoys me. He's like Dr. Morris from "ER" trying to be street.

As does the Aussie's accent, but he seems nice enough.

And in general, why is it so acceptable to be foul-mouthed these days? Do the producers encourage it?

As Danny on AI would say, all the bleeping... I'm not liking it. I like to watch this show with my daughter and not only are they having to bleep the f word etc all the time, but there are a bunch of "mother bleeper" as well. I really hope they edit it a little more in the future to avoid so much bleeping bleeping !!

+ Reply to Thread