+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Manuel - Season 4

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Manuel - Season 4

Manuel

HOMETOWN: Laredo, Texas - currently resides in New York, NY

PROFESSION: Executive Chef, Dos Caminos

CULINARY EDUCATION: B.A. in Business Administration from St. Mary's University of San Antonio, Texas; A.O.S, New England Culinary Institute, Montpelier, Vermont

FAVORITE SIMPLE SPRING RECIPE: Crispy soft shell crabs with charred ramp vinaigrette

BIO: As executive chef of Dos Caminos Third Avenue, Manuel brings authentic Mexican fare to the heart of Midtown in New York City. Growing up in the border town of Laredo, Texas and influenced by his Mexican heritage, Manuel began cooking at an early age and has never stopped. Manuel was classically French trained at the New England Culinary Institute in Montpelier, Vermont. After moving up the ranks from Garde Manger to Tournant at New York's Le Cirque 2000, he then worked with executive chef Mario Batali at Babbo Restaurant where he quickly rose to sous chef. Manuel believes that it is always good to inject new ideas and stir things up.

Top Chef Chicago - Bios - Official Bravo TV Site

Re: Manuel - Season 4

Well, whatever that is on the bread board he's holding, I'd eat it. I love Mexican and Tex/Mex inspired food. Combine that with his training in French food? Could bring something new to the show.

LG.

is it some type of quiche or egg-centered thing he's holding, or is it bread? I don't particularly like to eat the soft shell crabs, but I'm glad he choose something besides lamb. I ate at Babbo in NYC in 2001 and it was awesome.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

FORT Newbie

it looks like pizza lol

yeah, I'm pretty sure that's Chicago deep dish pizza!!

Serve me up a slice!
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Eh...I don't really have an opinion on him one way or the other after the first episode. He seems like he knows what he's doing, but I don't think he'll make it all the way to the finals.

+ Reply to Thread