+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Top Chef 4 - Premieres March 12, 2008

Top Chef 4 - Premieres March 12, 2008

According to several sources, Top Chef4 is filming in Chicago at the present time.

Re: Top Chef 4

They mentioned it a number of times during tonight's holiday special.
    Coming in 2008 - Chicago.

I did some digging around to see if I could find out when Season 4 is going to begin airing. I couldn't find anything specific, but I did find this article from The Chicago Tribune (Sept. 21st), which leads me to believe that the filming of Season 4 is either finished or must be close to finished:

Live from Chicago, it's 'Top Chef'-- season 3 finale and more

Bravo’s “Top Chef,” in a move designed to stir up excitement for Season 4 -- filming in Chicago -- will conclude the current season in a live broadcast from the Windy City on Oct. 3.

When will season 4 begin filming? we pushed. “Shortly.”

Where will they be filming in Chicago? “We haven’t released that yet.”

Season 4 will film over the next eight weeks or so, the cryptic Bravo source said, but an air date hasn’t been decided. Kitchens are being prepared, a house for the chefs is being readied and we've got to imagine that local guest chef judges and on location challenge sites are being scouted. But that's about all we know, for now. Stay tuned. And tell us if you see anything suspicious ... like a dozen or so white-jacketed chefs running around in grocery stores or fish markets.
    The Stew - A taste of Chicago's food, wine and dining scene | Chicago Tribune | Blog

Per Wikipedia (so, consider the source), the 1st episode of Season 1 aired on March 8, 2006; the 1st episode of Season 2 aired on October 18, 2006; and the 1st episode of Season 3 aired on June 13, 2007. Season 1 had 12 chefs; Seasons 2 and 3 each had 15 and so had more episodes.

I'm hoping there isn't as long a wait between the end of Season 3 and the start of Season 4 as there was between Seasons 2 and 3!

FORT Fanatic

Filming for season four is complete except for the finale. It's my guess that TC4 will start airing sometime in March - April.

This doesn't exactly relate to Season 4 (although there is a reference that seems to imply that Season 4 will be airing in April), but I didn't think it was worth it to start a new thread just for this.

I just saw on Amazon that a Top Chef cookbook is coming out (April 2, 2008). Here's the description:

Top Chef: The Cookbook: Original Interviews and Recipes from Bravo's hit show (Hardcover)

Pack your knives and go . . . straight to the bookstore. Top Chef presents the official companion cookbook to the No. 1 rated food show on cable television! Featuring 100 fabulous recipes from the first three seasons of the show, including dishes from the Elimination Rounds and the Quick-Fire Challenges, The Top Chef Cookbook invites fans into the hottest kitchen on prime time. In-depth discussions with contestants, judges, and crew reveal the inner workings of the show, and lavish photographs take readers behind-the-scenes into the Top Chef pantry and the competition sites. Handsomely packaged with a canvas cover inspired by the chef's jacket worn by each of the Top Chef contestants, this cookbook will have aspiring culinary contenders reliving classic show moments and relishing new recipes just in time to obsess over Padma's outfits in Season 4.

About the Author
    In addition to his job as lead judge on Top Chef, Tom Colicchio is one of America's most influential chefs. He won the James Beard Award as the best chef in New York when he was at Gramercy Tavern. He is currently the chef/owner of Craft in New York and Craftsteak in Las Vegas. His seminal cookbook Think Like a Chef won the James Beard Cookbook Award.

FORT Fogey

I just pre-ordered this book on Amazon and the predicted ship date is April 4th. It sounds like the show will begin about that time since they claim it will be just in time to obsess about Padma's outfits. So season 4 is not included. I smell a series of books in the making.

FORT Newbie

Top Chef 4 will start sometime in March - April.

It makes sense. Project Runway will end around February (that's when Fashion Week is for the finalists), and TC has a habit of starting up right after PR ends...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by priji;2719977;
    Top Chef 4 will start sometime in March - April.
    Mark your calendar - March 19 is TC4 premier.

Yea! That excites me! I love Top Chef.
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast