+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Top Chef 4 - Premieres March 12, 2008

FORT Fanatic

Re: Top Chef 4

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo1;2764294;
    Mark your calendar - March 19 is TC4 premier.
    Attention: the premier of TC4 has been revised from March 19 to March 12.

LET THE FLAMES BEGIN - BRAVO'S 'TOP CHEF: CHICAGO' PREMIERES WEDNESDAY, MARCH 12 AT 10 PM ET/PT

Yippee! I'll take it a week early!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Have you guys noticed how the chefs used to be really varied in level professionally and now they are seem to be head chef, sous chef or owner of a high end place? I want more variety than that. I want the random homemaker, the just graduated culinary student, the caterer and then the one fruitcake with 15 michelin stars. I'm a little disappointed.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jmtme;2768308;
    Have you guys noticed how the chefs used to be really varied in level professionally and now they are seem to be head chef, sous chef or owner of a high end place? I want more variety than that. I want the random homemaker, the just graduated culinary student, the caterer and then the one fruitcake with 15 michelin stars. I'm a little disappointed.

I am excited about it. I haven't read the bio's yet, so there is that. But I have always thought it was disappointing to know, after the 2nd episode, who would not make it far. When you throw in a health food cook and a kid who has worked a grill but loves food you see the hand writing.

I may change my mind but I am and thrilled to see chefs on the same level compete. Perhaps it will lack something but I am excited it will be coming soon at any rate.

FORT Fogey

Three are self taught so you may get a little of the varity you crave. I think this is going to be a fabulous season after reading the bio's.

I hope I get to see some episodes of TC! I've only been able to watch through reruns here in Canada. I don't know if we just don't get it or what, but I only just recently saw season 3. It actually really intrigued me.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I am way past ready for the next season to begin!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I think the problem has been finding amateurs who actually stand a chance. The best they've probably been able to do in the past are people who trained as caterers.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Indeed. In all the casts, there really seems to be a class struggle between the classically trained chefs, and the Bettys and Lisas. It's understandable, but also a little sad, watching the show and knowing from episode 1 that the self-taught chefs and caterers are there to be sacrificial lambs with interesting personalities to keep the show moving.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo1;2764294;
    Mark your calendar - March 19 is TC4 premier.
    Great news! I am also keeping alert and hoping for a sneak peek before that date! Bravo usually seems to do that with other shows, and I think they did that with the TC Holiday Special too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast