+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 8/15 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 8/15 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo1;2529554;
    Colicchio said that when cooking Risotto, timing is everything. Hung went on to say that risotto should be cooked to order and that Howie had cooked enough to feed an army. This meant that after serving one order, there was still a lot of risotto left in the pan which was being overcooked while waiting for the next order.
    I asked a friend who is a former chef about Risotto. She said it is tricky and that timing is everything as well. She also doesn't personally like the taste of Risotto done "correctly." She said something about it being slightly crunchy, I think, but then we were on our third bottle of wine (four adults) after having a delicious fish dish, so I may have not been paying as close attention as I should have. (and the lightnting bugs in Chicago were distracting. Cool, but distracting)

Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles

I also got really never when Tom said something about having to judge on "today" and only that day. I'm nervous that Tre or CJ will be sent home and I really hope that's not the case cause they're my favorites. I wouldn't mind at all though if Sara, Howie or Casey went home.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs. tino;2531795;
    I also got really never when Tom said something about having to judge on "today" and only that day. I'm nervous that Tre or CJ will be sent home and I really hope that's not the case cause they're my favorites. I wouldn't mind at all though if Sara, Howie or Casey went home.
    According to Padma, the decision is "unexpected." So seems like one of the strong contenders may be sent home. I would hate to see Tre or Casey go!!! But then again, that would be a logical guess. I hope the preview is misleading and that Sarah and/or Howie goes home. Please!!!

The previews also showed Howie bitching about Sara in the kitchen.

My guess is that the "unexpected" is a double elimination. Please, please don't let it be Tre, CJ, or Dale.

Since they didn't eliminate anyone this week, I would be somewhat surprised if it's not double elimination next week. Given Tom's statement that judges have to judge "TODAY," I think "unexpected" means that someone who has been performing strong so far until "today" gets eliminated. Which points to Tre . . . Nnooooooo!

FORT Fogey

I think Howie would be unexpected since he has escaped so many times before.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I hope they do a double elimination. Heck, I'd be happy if they narrowed it down by seven and just gave the title to Tre already.

I'm stoked for a Tre and Casey finale.

Hopefully, Tom's statment is made for Hung. Rememeber, some of the prior cheftestants picked Tre and Hung for the top two. At least I think they did.....
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;2532676;

Hopefully, Tom's statment is made for Hung. Rememeber, some of the prior cheftestants picked Tre and Hung for the top two. At least I think they did.....
    That is perfect!!! Oh please let this be true!

I do think Hung is talented, but he needs to grow up before anything.

Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;2532676;

Ugh... I hope it's not a Tre and Casey finale (I can't stand Casey)! I just hope Tre and CJ are safe.

roses4me, I too think that Tom's statement might be aimed at Hung. I also thought maybe Brian because he was thought to be one of the best as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast