+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 8/15 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Re: 8/15 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

For "The Garage" restaurant they tried to do more metal type accessories. They put floral/vanilla scented candles all around and the judges HATED them.

The restaurants both did a "contemporary" food type of theme. They decided amongst themselves what they wanted to make. Each team had 4 members. 2 were chefs, 2 dealt more with front of the house/decor kind of jobs.

Padma told CJ's team they weren't the winners, but I guess they didn't really lose either. They didn't really announce a winner, but nobody was eliminated.
    Wake up and be awesome

Brian may have been the biggest surprise to me after telling us he had been looking forward to this challenge. He was working as the front man and was just a sweaty basket case. At one point he came in the kitchen and asked Casey to take over for the final courses, because he just couldn't take it any more. She did a good job and will probably be stuck with it next week.

I don't understand if next week will be a complete do-over or if they are just building on what they already have. April's decor was good, but there were lots of issues with Garage.

If April can just concentrate on a better menu with Tre getting a lot more help, they should do well. CJ needs to really step it up as he seemed to contribute very little in the last 2 challenges.

I don't know where the time went. The hour flew by.

I think Howie finally got the "there is no i in team" memo. He seemed much more cooperative this ep and less argumentative.

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU;2528854;
    The judges called tonight their "soft opening" and next week will be for real and someone will for sure go home.
    OOOOH, Thanks for that bit. A soft opening I understand and that makes sense. My one forey into cooking (OK, I worked at Carls Jr.) We had a soft opening with friends and family -- free food, no one was unhappy -- to work out the kinks.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Quemoni;2528885;
    Howie should know better than to over cook the risotto
    If risotto is going to be on the menu again, he should let Tre prepare it since risotto was part of Tre's winning dish in Episode 1.

Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles

What bothered me was that the judges seemed to hate the food from April but seemed to think the Garage was a bigger failure. I actually think that Dale's service was better even though scented candles was a HUGE mistake! I'm really not looking forward to restaurant wars again next week but hopefully they'll both do a better job and it will be more interesting to watch.

Sounds like a surprising dismissal next week. I'm praying it isn't CJ, Tre, or Dale.

I was concerned that Tre knew his potatoes were bad, but he still sent them out. He's an executive chef in RL, he should know better.

Brian as maitre'd would've driven me nuts. His personality is perfect for parties, not for sit-down classy dinners. I much preferred Dale as the front man.

Howie - you NEVER argue with the judges or claim you know best. Your risotta sucked on screen too. It looked like spackling, for goodness sake. Just send him home now, please. It appears from the previews that he starts his crap again.

I didn't mind the name Garage, I thought it was funky - for a bar or neighborhood eatery. But the name didn't match the foods. You don't name a high-end restaurant something like Garage.

Well, that's my opinion for now.

I'm glad they didn't send anyone home. Although if they had it should have been either Dale or Brian. But I don't agree with sending one home for bad service when this is a cooking competition. Considering Dale has had previous experience I think he was the bigger failure. Scented candles??? Atleast Brian knew that much. Dale didn't greet and seat the judges. While Brian having no service experience didn't do THAT bad. I can't believe they made an issue about him sweating when Howie has been sweating into the food since day one.

If you want to go off of food then Howie should have been sent home. Accept that you cooked a seemingly simple dish badly.

Did you see the percentage of people who wanted to eat at Restaurant April vs. The Garage? 75% to 25%.

It looks like next week they are all making different dishes as well.
    I didn't notice if they were able to re-decorate the restaurant.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Quemoni;2528885;
    Howie should know better than to over cook the risotto
    Colicchio said that when cooking Risotto, timing is everything. Hung went on to say that risotto should be cooked to order and that Howie had cooked enough to feed an army. This meant that after serving one order, there was still a lot of risotto left in the pan which was being overcooked while waiting for the next order.

Quote Originally Posted by redjdv;2529518;
    It looks like next week they are all making different dishes as well.
    I didn't notice if they were able to re-decorate the restaurant.
    Actually in the preview it looked they were able to do some redecorating. In one of the long shots looking at both resturants. The side that had "the garage" had yellow walls.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast