+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: 8/1/07 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: 8/1/07 Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I hardly ever read the blogs on Bravo, but I'm bored at lunch today, so I checked them out. Instead of Padma & Tom, we have Anthony Bourdain--who totally bags on Rocco Dispirito--here and then Rocco's reply here. After reading them both, I like Bourdain a bit more (if that's even possible--I love the guy) and think Dispirito is lying his ass off. No one's forehead is that shiny and immobile without a little bit of help from Botulinum Toxin Type A.

FORT Fogey

Thanks for the heads up on the blogs! I pretty much agree with your asessment. Rocco's was really a waste of time. He essentially recapped the show, without nearly as much humor or fun that is done on FORT. The very little insight he gave from his experiences, we'd already heard him say on the show. The dude obviously does not understand the point of a blog ... and I really don't care how long he's known Tom, because it's clear from Tom's body language on the show that he has not spent the past 15 years holding Rocco in high regard. In fact, I kind of wonder if Tom didn't have Bourdain guest blog for him just because he knew that Bourdain would take the slams at Rocco that Tom would not be comfortable taking.

The dude has had botox. The dude is a sell out. And the only one whose impressed with him anymore is Rocco. It's kind of sad that he thinks it is all because of The Restaurant, and seems oblivious to the fact that he has truly made himself in to the Paris Hilton of the culinary world ... only he had a job, and decided the red carpets were more appealing than it was.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2511286;
    I really don't care how long he's known Tom, because it's clear from Tom's body language on the show that he has not spent the past 15 years holding Rocco in high regard. In fact, I kind of wonder if Tom didn't have Bourdain guest blog for him just because he knew that Bourdain would take the slams at Rocco that Tom would not be comfortable taking.
    I hadn't really thought about it in that way, but I think you are dead-on right. Plus, I doubt there was much convincing needed to get Bourdain to take Tom's place for the week. He had too much fun with that blog.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;2511311;
    I hadn't really thought about it in that way, but I think you are dead-on right. Plus, I doubt there was much convincing needed to get Bourdain to take Tom's place for the week. He had too much fun with that blog.
    What? Colicchio doesn't have the guts to criticise Rocco and is using Bourdain as his hitman?

I think if Colicchio was blogging, he'd be talking about the challenge and the food with no mention of Rocco. Colicchio is too good a person to be hitting a person when he is down.

You should read Tom's blog about the show. He gives me the impression he doesn't like Rocco. Tom's face is tight and shiny all the time, but I know what you mean about Rocco's face. Something isn't right there.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;2511259;
    I hardly ever read the blogs on Bravo, but I'm bored at lunch today, so I checked them out. Instead of Padma & Tom, we have Anthony Bourdain--who totally bags on Rocco Dispirito--here and then Rocco's reply here. After reading them both, I like Bourdain a bit more (if that's even possible--I love the guy) and think Dispirito is lying his ass off. No one's forehead is that shiny and immobile without a little bit of help from Botulinum Toxin Type A.
    That is so super hilarious!!! Wow. You warned me about Bourdain slamming Rocco, but man, he really slammed him down! To top it off, I just saw on the foodnetwork website an advertisement for "co-host an online cooking show with Rocco Dispirito."

FORT Fogey

Bourdain had a follow up on his most recent blog, and I think he absolutely nailed it. He said he's accused of being jealous of Rocco, and the truth is, he is ... of Rocco's cooking skill. He's more than willing to praise the guy as a chef, and is very very angry that he's wasted all of that skill in the pursuit of fame.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2513665;
    Bourdain had a follow up on his most recent blog, and I think he absolutely nailed it. He said he's accused of being jealous of Rocco, and the truth is, he is ... of Rocco's cooking skill. He's more than willing to praise the guy as a chef, and is very very angry that he's wasted all of that skill in the pursuit of fame.
    Thanks for your post. That's a very high compliment for Rocco. Too bad.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678