+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 7/25 - show discussion - 3 season reunion

7/25 - show discussion - 3 season reunion

No one watching tonight???

They had people on from season 1, 2 and the so far eliminated from season 3. I do wonder why they are doing this, maybe because season 2 never really had a reunion show, did it?? I don't remember if it did or not.

Interesting to note that Tom C is the idol of the gay "bear" community. Way to go Tom, I think he was a bit nonplussed with that news and did not know how to respond. Lee Ann stood up for Marcel, but he seemed very disliked by his season castmates and others.

Watching Cliff again reminded me how nasty he could be to the other competitors, I really didn't like that aspect of him. The judges all regreted the Marcel wrestling incident as all felt Cliff should have been one of the final competitors.

We all got to see Harold's restaurent, Perilla. He even has a website but it is only one page. Need some content for goodness sake, hours, address, directions and a MENU. Still a lot of fans are finding it. Tom C did mention that Harold is a chef's chef.

Ilan is still jealous that Sam get's all the girls at the demos they attend. Ah...you can see that it really sticks in his caw especially after the tape they showed.

I really like how Bravo does its reunion shows and just wish other reality shows like Survivor and Road Rules and Real World would take a big hint and do something similiar. I would have loved to see the Charm School reunion done this way. Maybe we would have actually gotten some real answers instead of the bleeping we did get.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 07-26-2007 at 12:00 AM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Re: 7/25 - show discussion - 3 season reunion

I miss Cliff and was glad to see him there.

The clip on Padma and her hot wardrobe was pretty funny...especially her off-the-cuff comment she made about the missing spatula. Very funny.

But I'm still waiting for the day the news breaks that Padma and Sam are together. From everything shown, there is definitely something between the two of them. Unless he looks at her and thinks of DUCK FAT.

It's hilarious how Micah keeps digging her grave by offending someone everytime she opens her mouth.

When confronted about the ketchup comment, Micah said "It's like saying Indians put chutney with curry (or something like that)" and Padma immediately says "No we don't."

When asked about her background, Micah said "I'm half African and half American, so I'm an African American. I'm a pale-skinned African American," and the camera zoomed in on frowning Cliff.

Priceless moments.

Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles

I was kind of disappointed by this reunion simply because I wanted to see more of it! I wish it could have been 90 minutes or something.

And I loved the fake judges table that the season 2 chefs did! I was cracking up so much!

Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles

Oh and I LOVED how they had Tim Gunn on their talking about Padma and other things. I wish he would have asked Sam a question or somethng because there was something on the Bravo website awhile back where he said that Sam was one of the only people he's gone up to and said "I have to meet you!"

Oh and Sandee's reaction to them telling Tom that he was an icon in the "bear" community was priceless!

Ilan is the one that is insecure. He claimed that Sam was. I think Padma would have to fight Ted for Sam.

Micah is really something else. I'm surprised they didn't ask her about her "accent". Then her comment about everything being an experience. The look on Michael's face was hilarious.

I don't understand why Sandee didn't understand why she went home. And can her eyes get any wider?

It was fun seeing this reunion show but I was disappointed it wasn't a regular Top Chef.

FORT Fogey

It seemed rather random to me that they ran the reunion at this point in the season. Why?

It also seemed like they were trying to do three separate shows -- First, a recap of behind the scenes stuff we had not seen before with vignettes about where people are now, what other bravo stars think of the show, etc. Second, a conversatoin with the judges to get more insight on the job they do and what they think of things that happen on the show. Third, a discussion about the show by members of each season.

I think that if Bravo had attempted to do an hour on ONE of those topics, it would have been a great show. By trying to sqeeze all three in to one, it definitely fell short. I think it espeically fell short in the members of each season discussing their experience aspect.

Wasn't it actually another show that was covering Top Chef? That's the impression I got, but I could very well be wrong on that. I don't watch Bravo except for Top Chef...

And I found it very odd how they simply cut it off at the end... I thought maybe it was continued for another hour, and recorded the next two showings, just in case, but, no, they just repeated the same one... I guess it was just their way of stretching the competition out for an extra week...

Most interesting revelation for me was that Hung was "Bi"... LOL... The audition tapes were a kick! As were all the "extra" stuff they shared...

;0))

PK
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PK...;2490598;
    Wasn't it actually another show that was covering Top Chef? That's the impression I got, but I could very well be wrong on that. I don't watch Bravo except for Top Chef...
    Sort of. Bravo rolled out whatever they consider that show to be last year as a way of doing reunion shows. I think they do some on-line as well. But it's not a regular program that covers a variety of shows -- it's just a way for them to do shows discussing their shows ... if that makes any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Animal;2490567;
    Ilan is the one that is insecure. He claimed that Sam was. I think Padma would have to fight Ted for Sam.

Micah is really something else. I'm surprised they didn't ask her about her "accent". Then her comment about everything being an experience. The look on Michael's face was hilarious.

I don't understand why Sandee didn't understand why she went home. And can her eyes get any wider?

It was fun seeing this reunion show but I was disappointed it wasn't a regular Top Chef.
    Yeah, it was very bizarre, Micah's interaction with the chefs, as if she was on a different planet, she was not in sync with the questions, the other chefs. It looked as if everytime she was asked a question and answered it the camera would pull back and you would see weird looks on the other chefs face as if they thought her answers were bizarre, or she didn't make any sense or if her personality just rubbed everyone wrong. There was a really weird vibe going on and I just can't put my finger on it.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast