+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30

Thread: 7/11 Discussion Thread

  1. #11
    Being VIP Yardgnome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Harnessing my evil for good.
    Posts
    5,469

    Re: 7/11 Discussion Thread

    I seriously don't remember ever seeing Camille before. She definitely needed to go though.

    Hung was being a bit of a brat last night. The over all show was pretty good, I liked the tasting menu challenge. I really don't see a front runner yet on this show so it should be interesting to see who gets eliminated in the next couple of weeks.

  2. #12
    FORT Fogey ScoutMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,054

    Re: 7/11 Discussion Thread

    I can never stay awake that late. So normally, I watch the rerun of the previous week's show at 9 PM the following week. (Does that make sense?) So I'm always a week behind.

  3. #13
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    453

    Re: 7/11 Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yardgnome;2470882;
    I seriously don't remember ever seeing Camille before. She definitely needed to go though.

    Hung was being a bit of a brat last night. The over all show was pretty good, I liked the tasting menu challenge. I really don't see a front runner yet on this show so it should be interesting to see who gets eliminated in the next couple of weeks.
    I hope Dale feels a little bit of remorse for pushing something that neither Sara M. or Camille were familiar with. Of course the two women should have stood up to Dale and said 'No'. Just because Dale is a risktaker does not mean that he should extend that philosophy in a team competition which could get a teammate eliminated. The option to go with a dessert when not called for was foolish. This might have been the time to go with Sara M.'s cheesemaking talents. Recall that Harold's team in the S1 finale went with Lee Anne's cheese dish which was very well received by the judges.

  4. #14
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    8,164

    Re: 7/11 Discussion Thread

    On the other hand, it was a pretty smart strategy on Dale's part in the big picture. Even though they were his teammates for this show, Sara and Camille are his competitors for the competition. By pushing them into doing something that he was stronger with than they are, he did a pretty effective job of protecting himself. His was the strongest element on their plate, so even when they were in the cross hairs, he was safe. Part of the trick of this show is recognizing when to act as a team, and when to remember you're competing for an individual prize.

  5. #15
    FORT Fogey Starbucks880's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    1,086

    Re: 7/11 Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2470912;
    On the other hand, it was a pretty smart strategy on Dale's part in the big picture. Even though they were his teammates for this show, Sara and Camille are his competitors for the competition. By pushing them into doing something that he was stronger with than they are, he did a pretty effective job of protecting himself. His was the strongest element on their plate, so even when they were in the cross hairs, he was safe. Part of the trick of this show is recognizing when to act as a team, and when to remember you're competing for an individual prize.
    I thought they said the whole team was bad as a whole? So it seemed like he wasn't really strong with it at all and made a silly decision. I will have to watch the episode again. I had a ton of phone calls interrupting me the whole time, so I might have missed something. But anyhow, I am glad Camille went. I didn't even remember her in the competition and she talks so slow and acts draggy--as if she is on some benzodiazepines. I think it is good Hung is confident, but he needs to reign in the arrogance. He isn't perfect at everything and in the situation of the Quickfire, he admitted he didn't deal with hard liquor, so instead of acting as though the guy was crazy, maybe he should have realized that he could learn from someone with experience. He also is way too hyper with all his running around in the kitchen--he could hurt someone.
    Last edited by Starbucks880; 07-12-2007 at 10:40 AM. Reason: added a thought, corrected spelling

  6. #16
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    8,164

    Re: 7/11 Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880;2470918;
    I thought they said the whole team was bad as a whole?
    They were weak as a team. But by setting them up like he did, he bought himself some pretty good insurance. His first goal was to not be the worst team. All the competitors had that goal. Not all of them thought it out one step further to figure out how to protect themselves if they were the worst team. He did.

  7. #17
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    uh
    Posts
    5,017

    Re: 7/11 Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo1;2470895;
    I hope Dale feels a little bit of remorse for pushing something that neither Sara M. or Camille were familiar with. Of course the two women should have stood up to Dale and said 'No'. Just because Dale is a risktaker does not mean that he should extend that philosophy in a team competition which could get a teammate eliminated. The option to go with a dessert when not called for was foolish. This might have been the time to go with Sara M.'s cheesemaking talents. Recall that Harold's team in the S1 finale went with Lee Anne's cheese dish which was very well received by the judges.
    He obviously feels considerably more than an iota of remorse for that, seeing as he was hysterical with guilt after Camille's elimination.

  8. #18
    FORT Fanatic texasgal26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    The Big Easy
    Posts
    760

    Re: 7/11 Discussion Thread

    Anyone else think last night's show was sort of boring? It was just kind of all over the place; plus I like hearing more about the good food and less about the bad food. I feel like this is a talented bunch, but fairly inconsistent so far. I don't think they kept Sara for drama... I don't think she's very dramatic! Casey on the other hand was a loose cannon.

  9. #19
    FORT Fan Misaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    360

    Re: 7/11 Discussion Thread

    I don't see a clear front runner either, but I think that's because many of them are good.

    Strong ones:
    Hung - Though arrogant, he got the goods to back it up
    Brian - He needs to prove himself with meat, but he's proven himself in the sea - a bit of a spaz though
    Lia - She seems really competent to me (maybe because of her background?)
    Tre - He's been inconsistent, but he's proven that he can be really good
    Casey - She was annoying last night, but seems like a competent chef (plus she won the quickfire challenge)
    CJ - He's won a quickfire challenge and never been the bottom three
    Hawie - I like him and he can cook

    Weaker ones
    Sara M - Hasn't proven herself yet, though proven to be annoying
    Sara N - Won a challenge, but seemed like a happenstance
    Joey - Why is he still in the competition?

    Camille was the right choice. Her food was bad. Sure she took on an area where she wasn't comfortable with. But she didn't have to.

  10. #20
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    15,517

    Re: 7/11 Discussion Thread

    The most interesting team last night was Howie, Paulie and was it Casey??? I don't like how the guys automatically ganged up and assummed and were dead sure that their teammate was a liability just because she won the Quickfire Challenge and immunity. The judges do notice if the immunity winners slack off.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.