+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 6/27 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Snoozin' on the beach

Re: 6/27 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

They didn't comment about many of the dishes. I had to laugh at Howie winning this and how that must go right up Joey's butt, ha! Micah didn't look like she even gave a crap about the challenge. I liked her background but she was in the bottom alot and it's only episode 3. Brian has to do more than seafood. Obviously it's his comfort zone and the judges have already picked up on that fact.

Clay, Sandee and Micah. The first 3 eliminated were all self taught

Quote Originally Posted by Shady64;2454192;
    Very interesting.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2454130;
    Wow Hung is coming off as such a *insert bad word here*. Seriously, the look when he didn't win the quick fire. The look and oh well when he flat out lied and said he didn't put the oven on cool down.

Nice.

And I was liking him. Knew sooner or later his true self would come out (remember his shout out to Marcel? I'm just saying).
    What happened was that when Hung took his chicken out of the oven, he turned the oven off. Sara M. puts her dish in the oven thinking it is on because the oven is still hot. When Sara checks on her dish almost an hour later the oven has cooled off. As Hung stated, Sara should have checked to see if the oven was still on when she put her food in.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Shady64;2454192;
    They didn't comment about many of the dishes. I had to laugh at Howie winning this and how that must go right up Joey's butt, ha! Micah didn't look like she even gave a crap about the challenge. I liked her background but she was in the bottom alot and it's only episode 3. Brian has to do more than seafood. Obviously it's his comfort zone and the judges have already picked up on that fact.

So now the judges are complaining about people cooking in their comfort zone. Wasnt last season all about peoples comfort zone and didn't that I can only cook with Spanish ingredients guy win.

Snoozin' on the beach

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix1964;2454255;
    So now the judges are complaining about people cooking in their comfort zone. Wasnt last season all about peoples comfort zone and didn't that I can only cook with Spanish ingredients guy win.
    It does seem a bit wierd this time. They expect them to be creative and reinvent the dishes and then compliain that it doesn't resemble chicken ala king in anyway. From the judges comments both before, during and after this challenge- what exactly are they expecting? Lots of mixed messeges

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo1;2454251;
    What happened was that when Hung took his chicken out of the oven, he turned the oven off. Sara M. puts her dish in the oven thinking it is on because the oven is still hot. When Sara checks on her dish almost an hour later the oven has cooled off. As Hung stated, Sara should have checked to see if the oven was still on when she put her food in.
    I agree with that. But Hung shouldn't have lied. If he said truthfully that he turned it off after he was done, then it would have fine.

I actually missed Gail, to my surprise. The judges' panel seemed too manly today. I like having at least two women there.

Lex

I @#$%ing hate food snobs on this show. Nothing upsets me more than when comfort/junk food is brought out and a bunch of chefs turn up their noses at it as if it were rotting garbage. To this day, I'm still mad at Harold for his comments in Season 1 (though in his defense he did well in those challenges).

I mean, I live in the Midwest and grew up on tuna casseroles, mac & cheese, meatloaf and a lot of that stuff. I taught myself how to cook on those dishes and I plan to teach my kids and grandkids to cook them. There is absolutely nothing wrong with those dishes (except I agree that they aren't the healthiest options).

Needless to say the Elimination Challenge frustrated me right away.
    "Ah don't hayave an acksent." - Kellie Pickler 2006

Lex

As for Hung, he could have had the common courtesy to pick up the crawfish, but I really didn't see it as the big deal it was made out to be.
    "Ah don't hayave an acksent." - Kellie Pickler 2006

It was Hung's flat out lying that made me start disliking him. He could have just said that he did turn it off because he was done and that would have been the end of that.

I'm still very frustrated and rather disgusted with this episode because of the reactions to comfort food. Yes, they aren't the healthiest but they've all been recreated already into healthier versions so what was the big deal here?

I was surprised that they all gave distgusted reactions to seeing the comfort food. Yes it's not healthy but come on people. I thought it was rude and pompus. Some acted like they were better then the audience. (Hung)
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

+ Reply to Thread