+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 6/20 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: 6/20 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by moosemommy1213;2447641;
    Product placement cracks me up.
    I loved when Padma told them to clean up after the barbeque and said something to the effect that there were "Glad Forceflex Trashbags" for everyone. Geeze, ya'd think showing the boxes would be enough; calling them by the full name is overkill, IMO.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;2447683;
    I loved when Padma told them to clean up after the barbeque and said something to the effect that there were "Glad Forceflex Trashbags" for everyone. Geeze, ya'd think showing the boxes would be enough; calling them by the full name is overkill, IMO.
    That scene cracked me up! You could totally see the staging of it when one of the chefs started taking stuff out of the trash can to put in the Glad Forceflex Trashbag.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmqn;2447034;
    CJ, Tre, and Hung were the top 3...

Liked seeing tre in a wifebeater, now let's see him shirtless
    I was rooting for Tre until you mentioned he was wearing this horrible shirt. Good grief, it's promoting violence against women.

To all posters, thanks for the updates!
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

Already season 3 is better than season 1. It has drama and spice and a lot of talent. Sara looked as if she should have been eliminated during the quickfire challenge along with Micah. These episode was a total flip of who won and lost from last week. It is a total roller coaster. Ain't it fun. Well, for us, not the chefs. I am surprised that Tre did so poorly. Will he ever be let back into Texas??? Sorry to see Sandie go. I would rather watch her then Pauley and Howie. These two have yet to prove anything except Howie has a touch more class than Pauley.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Snoozin' on the beach

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2447588;
    Argh, I seem to be having all sorts of brain cramps on this show today. Sorry again.

Is this the show that dinged somebody for not including a planned ingredient because they had botched it?

I just have a bit of a problem that she was chosen as a top 3 and didn't include all her planned ingredients. Ack, maybe I'm just cranky because Micah was seriously bugging with her using her daughter when IMO she was just upset that she did so bad on the Q/F.
    I think you mean Marcel in last season finale when his fish went missing. He made the dish without the fish and told the judges about it. The judges thought the dish was great anyway and didn't need the fish- it would have served Marcel better to have kept his mouth shut. Sara learned from that mistake- if the judges love the dish, they don't need to know.

I have no problem with Sara not using one of her planned ingredient. She resued the dish from her mistake and was still 1 of the top 3. That says alot.It's not like they had a set of ingredients they HAD to use or the judges knew what all their ingredients were before hand. Food ideas change in the process for whatever reason. if it's not a required part of the dish like the surf and turf challenge, that's fine

Ahh.... got it. I am watching so many cooking shows that I get them confused in my head. I know one of them the contestant got in trouble for not including a planned item.

Yep, if its not a rule to use it then she was definitely smart to omit it and never mention the ruined item.

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;2447886;
    I was rooting for Tre until you mentioned he was wearing this horrible shirt. Good grief, it's promoting violence against women.

To all posters, thanks for the updates!
    Wifebeater is just another way of saying a tight tank top. It's slang.

Welcome to Hippo Heaven dogabone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yardgnome;2448520;
    Wifebeater is just another way of saying a tight tank top. It's slang.
    Or a tee shirt with the sleeves rolled up to expose the shoulders.
    Mother Hubbard
    Queen of the Grammar Hammers

I'm so happy the show is back on focusing FOOD and COOKING. I thought Joey should have gone home though, for not doing anything new. Sure, Sandy blew it by not really grilling anything - her dish probably tasted the same whether cooked on the grill or stove. But Joey, as he said, just made something he made at home all the time. Doesn't seem like he thought about the challenge or created anything new.

I actually like Howie. He definitely has some burden of proof now, but I don't think Howie deserves to be put in the same category as Joey. I think Howie is whole a lot better as a chef and as a person than Joey.

I'm starting to think Joey is just a big disgusting slug. I don't like his attitude.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast