+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 6/20 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 6/20 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Travisio;2447103;
    Brian was in the top/the winner.
    LOL told ya'll I still don't have them straight in my head! Sorry about that.

I'm not impressed with Hung's plating. His dishes may taste good but they're not visually appealing. I was surprised Tre didn't do well in the bbq. Strange that his dish was salty. BBQs are supposed to be sweet and tangy.

Ready for Howie and Joey to go home.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Animal;2447373;
    I'm not impressed with Hung's plating. His dishes may taste good but they're not visually appealing. I was surprised Tre didn't do well in the bbq. Strange that his dish was salty. BBQs are supposed to be sweet and tangy.

Ready for Howie and Joey to go home.
    I heard it was either or.. It was his inconsistant salting I guess. One had a salty one one had one with not enough salt.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I think it was neither of the above and more a case of them not wanting to have clear front runners. Its obvious that Tre and Hung are the front runners and they don't want it to be that obvious so find some fault in both of them so its a little murkier who is sailing towards the finals.

Isnt' Sara (the winner of this challenge) the one who interviewed that she had screwed something up and pickled it? How come that wasn't shown or did I miss it on her presentation?

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2447562;
    IIsnt' Sara (the winner of this challenge) the one who interviewed that she had screwed something up and pickled it? How come that wasn't shown or did I miss it on her presentation?
    Sara didn't win--Brian did. She was worried her pickling was going to be too spicy because of the scotch bonnet chili peppers. They didn't follow up on whether she used that pickling or not. She could have just made a different cucumber salad, because she had not yet put the cucumbers in the picking & pepper mixture at the end of the first day of prep.

Snoozin' on the beach

Brian won the challenge, not Sara - though she, Micha and Brian were the top 3. She did mess up on the pickling thing but apparently recovered or more likely didn't use that portion of it in her dish. I didn't see it either so I assume she just scrapped that part of it. It worked out well, the judges loved her dish and they didn't know about the mess up.

Argh, I seem to be having all sorts of brain cramps on this show today. Sorry again.

Is this the show that dinged somebody for not including a planned ingredient because they had botched it?

I just have a bit of a problem that she was chosen as a top 3 and didn't include all her planned ingredients. Ack, maybe I'm just cranky because Micah was seriously bugging with her using her daughter when IMO she was just upset that she did so bad on the Q/F.

FORT Regular

I thought it was nice when Hung gave Sara a heads up at the meat counter about her blowing her $200 budget just on the meat so she had a chance to fix it. He's like a kinder, gentler Marcel. I think it was Hung and Sara anyway, I was getting bugged at the time so only had part of an eye on the show. Darn family.

Ready for Joey to go. If NY is so wonderful then go back there. NOW! Howie better get his act together quick or just be gone. With most of the girls they show up on my screen and I have no clue who they are or why they're there. I guess they last a while longer.

Sorry for people who miss their kids/loved ones but you knew you'd be away when you signed up! It's only 4 weeks or so, right? Not the end of the world, especially when it's a CHOICE you made! I know personally how hard it is to be away but buck up and get over it.

Product placement cracks me up. Are they pushing the Kenmore appliances this year? I keep hearing about the Glad Ware but don't remember Kenmore unless I've just become immune to it.

I liked how Tre warned Hung to hurry and get back to his station because a judge was coming. For the most part these contestants don't seem as jerkish as the others have been. Then again, its still early in the game heh.

Edited cause I did some research and answered my own question lol. They did get rid of the Kenmore stuff and are using GE Monogram appliances now.
    Last edited by Harmony2000; 06-21-2007 at 02:25 PM.

I noticed the appliances are GE this season. I have a GE stove.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast