Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Padma Lakshmi - Host

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Padma Lakshmi - Host

Padma Lakshmi
    Model, Actress, Writer
    Host

Padma Lakshmi returns as host of Bravo's Top Chef: Las Vegas, introducing the challenges to the contestants each week and presiding over the judge's table alongside Tom Colicchio, Gail Simmons and Toby Young.

Lakshmi established herself as a food expert early on in her career, having hosted two successful cooking shows and writing a best-selling cookbook Easy Exotic, for which she won the International Versailles Event for best cookbook by a first time writer. Lakshmi followed this success with the publication of her second cookbook, Tangy, Tart, Hot & Sweet, released by Weinstein Books which is a larger endeavor filled with over 150 recipes from around the world and intriguing personal memoirs.

Previously, Lakshmi hosted Padma's Passport where she cooked diverse cuisine from around the world. Lakshmi also hosted Planet Food, a documentary series broadcast on The Food Network and worldwide on the Discovery Channel, in which she journeyed to countries including Spain and India.

Lakshmi was last seen with Aishwarya Rai and Dylan McDermott in Paul Mayeda Berges' film Mistress of Spices. Lakshmi appeared as Princess Bithia in ABC's mini-series The Ten Commandments alongside Naveen Andrews, Omar Sharif and Dougray Scott, the second-highest rated television film of 2006. She also starred in the two-part mini-series Sharpe's Challenge opposite Sean Bean, the continuation of the BBC series based on Richard Cornwall's novels.

She has appeared in films in the US, Italy, and India. Other television credits include hosting Rai Television's Dominica In, Italy’s highest rated program.

In addition to her food writing, she has contributed to American Vogue, Gourmet and British and American Harper's Bazaar.

In May 2009, Lakshmi launched her namesake line of fine jewelry, "PADMA" at Bergdorf Goodman in New York. The collection of over 40 pieces consists of earrings, necklaces, bracelets and rings in both 10 and 14 carat gold with precious and semi-precious stones.

Originally known as the first internationally successful Indian supermodel, Lakshmi started modeling while abroad as an exchange student in Spain with Clark University where she received a B.A. with honors in Theater Arts.

Padma's Bravo Bio Page
    Padma Lakshmi Official Website
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 04-03-2010 at 02:48 PM.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

Re: Padma Lakshmi, Host - Season 3

Ok. What is the long scar-like thing running down her right arm? I really don't remember ever seeing that before, and that's something that you can't miss.
    Anyone know?
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno;2433575;
    Ok. What is the long scar-like thing running down her right arm? I really don't remember ever seeing that before, and that's something that you can't miss.
    Anyone know?
    I asked the same thing last season and if I remember right, it is a scar from a car accident she was in as a child.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesgal;2433651;
    I asked the same thing last season and if I remember right, it is a scar from a car accident she was in as a child.
    I vaguely remember talking about that last year.
    1 year older, 1 year closer to Alzheimers.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Fan

Does anyone else crack up when Padma says "Hands UP and utensils DOWN"?

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno;2434259;
    I vaguely remember talking about that last year.
    1 year older, 1 year closer to Alzheimers.
    i know what you mean...of all the things iI miss, it's my mind I miss the most...

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno;2433575;
    Anyone know?
    As others have said, its a scar.

But its more than incidental. She's apparently proud of the scar and supposedly has always insisted that it not be covered with makeup, and only rarely with sleeves.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Padma Lakshmi is the wife of writer Salman Rushdie, who has just been knighted by Queen Elizabeth. I guess they are now called Sir Salman and Lady Rushdie.
    B A L A N C E
    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag
    and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis
    "what if a much of a which of a wind gives the truth to summer's lie" --e.e. cummings

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

She wasn't Lady Rushdie for long.

British author Salman Rushdie and his wife Padma Lakshmi, host of TV show "Top Chef," are getting divorced, his spokeswoman said on Monday, just two weeks after he was awarded a controversial knighthood.
    Full Story

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2458205;
    She wasn't Lady Rushdie for long.

Full Story

Hope he has a good pre-nup!
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast