+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Padma Lakshmi - Host

FORT Fanatic

Re: Padma Lakshmi, Host - Season 3

Tom Colicchio's wife, Lori Silverbush, actress and film director, is no slouch in the looks department. While Tom is at that age (middle age crisis) I don't think he'll wander although he has plenty of temptation working with someone as beautiful as Padma.

I have totally been in left field regarding the Tom/Padma vibes. Can't wait to watch this week and see if I can pick up on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Misaru;2464647;
    I actually thought this season that there was something between Tom and Padma. They showed more than once Tom staring at Padma. I don't know if she's interested, but I think Tom is taken by her.

She's so boring though. Stale and self-absorbed.
    She may have a Daddy-thing going on...Tom is definitely a step-up in the looks department from Salmon Rushdie, although he seems rather self-absorbed, I can see where being around Padma for a length of time may divert your attention from judging food.
    Last edited by rodh32340; 07-11-2007 at 11:16 AM. Reason: insert

Padma is getting a divorce from her husband who like 10 years older then her . . . (Do you think her being on Top Chef was the reason?)

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Starkpurple;2470933;
    Padma is getting a divorce from her husband who like 10 years older then her . . . (Do you think her being on Top Chef was the reason?)
    Make that 23 years older. He's 60, she's 37. With the Islamic radicals putting a death notice on Rushdie because of his being knighted by the Brits, this was a good time for Padma to separate herself from him.

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo1;2472134;
    Make that 23 years older. He's 60, she's 37. With the Islamic radicals putting a death notice on Rushdie because of his being knighted by the Brits, this was a good time for Padma to separate herself from him.

23 years doesn't seem like too much of a big gap. Somewhat similar to Tom and Katie Cruise no?

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo1;2472134;
    ANOTHER one?! gah ya know this guy can't get a break can he.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

just killin' time . . . Truewriter's Avatar

July 3, 2007 Page Six:

-- WHEN there's smoke, there's fire. Just a week after we wrote that their marriage had turned sour, model and "Top Chef" hostess Padma Lakshmi, 36, split from her husband of three years, "Satanic Verses" author Salman Rushdie, 60. His rep announced yesterday, "Salman Rushdie has agreed to divorce his wife, Padma Lakshmi, because of her desire to end their marriage." Sources told Page Six the "desire" was stoked by Lakshmi's close friendship with an unidentified billionaire - and she was also seen recently getting close with a well-known chef at the Rose Bar. Her rep tried to downplay the decision, saying, "[Lakshmi] has agreed with [Rushdie] to end their marriage. After an eight-year relationship, Lakshmi regrets that their mutual efforts failed to make the marriage work." Both parties asked for "privacy at this time." Rumors of a rift had been swirling for months, but had always been denied - either through the couple's flacks or their lawyers.

RUSHDIE AND WIFE DIVORCING | | Gossip - New York Post Online Edition

Also, old but enlightening article about Padma here:

Padma Lakshmi — Literary Figure, British GQ

I liked her better before I read it.
    Last edited by Truewriter; 07-13-2007 at 09:47 PM.
    Futile--the winds--to a heart in port. --Emily Dickinson

I just read a really lovely article about Padma in Vogue (not sure which month) about a very large, noticeable scar on her right arm. I'd not noticed it, but it was from a very bad car accident that her and her family got into when she was young and all, thankfully, survived.

It was actually quite a moving article about how she came to accept her scar while trying to make it in a business that is very much about having nearly no flaws at all (modeling).

Also, random aside, but Tom - the head chef/judge on Top Chef is opening a new restaurant here in LA today. it's getting quite a lot of press and I'm very interested in trying it out. I believe it's called Craft.
    "A prayer for the wild at heart, kept in cages."

Quote Originally Posted by Truewriter;2473530;
    July 3, 2007 Page Six:

-- WHEN there's smoke, there's fire. Just a week after we wrote that their marriage had turned sour, model and "Top Chef" hostess Padma Lakshmi, 36, split from her husband of three years, "Satanic Verses" author Salman Rushdie, 60. His rep announced yesterday, "Salman Rushdie has agreed to divorce his wife, Padma Lakshmi, because of her desire to end their marriage." Sources told Page Six the "desire" was stoked by Lakshmi's close friendship with an unidentified billionaire - and she was also seen recently getting close with a well-known chef at the Rose Bar. Her rep tried to downplay the decision, saying, "[Lakshmi] has agreed with [Rushdie] to end their marriage. After an eight-year relationship, Lakshmi regrets that their mutual efforts failed to make the marriage work." Both parties asked for "privacy at this time." Rumors of a rift had been swirling for months, but had always been denied - either through the couple's flacks or their lawyers.

RUSHDIE AND WIFE DIVORCING | | Gossip - New York Post Online Edition

Also, old but enlightening article about Padma here:

Padma Lakshmi Literary Figure, British GQ

I liked her better before I read it.
    The article really makes her seem as if she is a gold digger but I do believe she is either wife number 4 or 5, so it is also possible Mr Rushdie uses his position as famous author to get younger and younger wives. In the article it said that Rushdie is 75 and that was 3 yrs ago so now he would be 78. Yet the articles I read elsewhere say he is 60. mmmmmmm.....
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread