+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Tre - Season 3

FORT Fanatic

Re: Tre - Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by Misaru;2564192;
    From Ted Allen's Blog:

"Itís been two weeks and Iím still bummed about voting off Tre -- all of the judges thought he was a strong contender to win the whole gonza magilla. (Although I just got some exciting news about Tre today that I canít publish; just know that good things continue for Chef Wilcox -- Iíll share the news when I can.)"

Can't wait to find out what Tre is up to!!!
    I bet you he got his own show or was hired at some 5 star restaurant. Once he was gone the show lost a little glitter for me.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Misaru;2564192;
    From Ted Allen's Blog:

"Itís been two weeks and Iím still bummed about voting off Tre -- all of the judges thought he was a strong contender to win the whole gonza magilla. (Although I just got some exciting news about Tre today that I canít publish; just know that good things continue for Chef Wilcox -- Iíll share the news when I can.)"

Can't wait to find out what Tre is up to!!!

Sweet!!!!

For me, there will never be another Harold or Tifani. They were superb chefs. And, IMHO, the top 5 contestants from Season One "out chef" ALL the contestants from Seasons Two and Three - including the winners (e.g. Leann has it over Marcel and what's his name).

Then there's a bunch whose talent is GOOD but perhaps not great, e.g. Marcel, the winner from Top Chef 2, Miguel from Season One, etc. And the last level are all the rest, e.g. the blond lady from last year who was always fighting with Marcel, the young-bu-beautiful-student in Season One, etc.

I think it's unlikely we'll ever see a bunch as good as the final 5 from season one. So to be the next level down is pretty amazing. I'd put Tre in this category.

The thing about Tre is that he is not only GOOD, he is likable. He has talent and heart. and HUMILITY.

I can see him doing really well with his own show.

Tre is featured on Bravo's site for football food recipes. He's so adorable.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

Lex

I just saw Tre on Food Network's Iron Chef America show. He was the sous chef for that week's challenger. The challenger was a brother duo from Dallas so maybe Tre has worked with them before or something.

I thought it was neat to see Tre on Iron Chef. Also neat was Ted Allen being a judge on that episode. And Tre must've done a good job because his team beat Iron Chef Bobby Flay.

Y'know, it strikes me that former Top Chef contestants would excell at the challenge of being on Iron Chef. Doing all those Quickfires would be great practice for getting everything done under those time constraints.
    "Ah don't hayave an acksent." - Kellie Pickler 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Lex;2820492;
    I just saw Tre on Food Network's Iron Chef America show. He was the sous chef for that week's challenger. The challenger was a brother duo from Dallas so maybe Tre has worked with them before or something.

Y'know, it strikes me that former Top Chef contestants would excell at the challenge of being on Iron Chef. Doing all those Quickfires would be great practice for getting everything done under those time constraints.
    I saw that episode last night - it was great to see Tre again!

Tre worked for the brothers from the Iron Chef challenge at Abacus in Dallas.
    It was great to see him on TV. There are some good things coming up for Tre. He is a wonderful guy, truly likable and very talented. He took the hit for the challenge that he was let go on, but I believe he coud have, and should have, won the whole thing. My son spoke with him during the season he was on, and we thought he might have won by his speech. As it turned out, he was ecited about going to Italy. i know he has had many very lucrative offers from some of the top chefs on the planet. Tre will be around for a long time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345