+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tre - Season 3

FORT Fogey

Re: Tre - Season 3

I worked in the 5 star kitchen in college. You don't tell servers that you aren't going to serve a paticular item because it's bad. You tell the server not to take the food out and you redo the paticular item.

FORT Fogey

I was speaking in terms of early in prep you realize there's a problem with a given dish for the night. But regardless of how you do it (scratching from the menu for a night because of a problem, or re-making it to be able to serve) it's a move that is totally called for an appropriate in a restaurant, but not in a timed, limited budget and ingredient competition such as Top Chef. That was the point.

FORT Fogey

It was the seasoning for both CJ/Cassie dishes that was bad. Any cook will tell you that is the easiest fixes of them all. Even if you had to go back and wash off the monk fish and lobster and start a new. They had enough time for one dish.

Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles

I'm sad to see Tre go. I thought he was the most talented chef on the show this season. It's really a shame that he was sent home.

who's gonna check me,boo? ladychat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bewty;2533428;
    Considering how weak his competition is (why is Sara still there?), Tre almost seems like a sure bet to win it. This season is by far the least interesting of the three. I was a total fan of season one and this season I barely know anyone's name.
    I agree. Considering the competition, I thought he would win.

FORT Newbie

Tre was the most talented chef on this cast.

What I noticed about his supposed inedible dish of salmon over a macadamia nut pesto and citrus was that he previously made it in the season. Watch sunny delights if you can, in the quickfire challenge, Tre made the same exact dish and Norman Van Aken loved it. Maybe this time around he had a one time mistake but last time it went over well. Tre will be missed in the finale...

I agree- I really thought Tre would win it or at least be in the final 2.

If/when he opens a restaurant- I'd love to have a meal there.

I hated to see him go. I really expected to see him in the end.

Reading blogs by Anthony Bourdain and Ted Allen, Tre received great praises. I can't think of another contestant on the show who would have received as much praises on all levels: personality, charisma, and cooking skills. I haven't watched the latest episode and he probably did mess up bad. But I'm sure amazing opportunities will be awaiting him because of this show. I really wish him the best and would love to see him thrive in the culinary world.

FORT Regular

He was the one that cooked most of the dishes and just took on too many duties. He was the executive chef for his team so he pretty much took all the blame and got sent home. I don't think it's fair of the judges to boot him because of one bad elimination challenge. Overall I don't think the judges have ever said anything really bad about Tre's dishes. Others on this season have done worse and have gotten 2nd and even 3rd chances to stay in the competition which isn't fair.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast