+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tre - Season 3

FORT Fanatic

Re: Tre - Season 3

Considering how weak his competition is (why is Sara still there?), Tre almost seems like a sure bet to win it. This season is by far the least interesting of the three. I was a total fan of season one and this season I barely know anyone's name.

FORT Fogey

They are a dignified bunch compared to the folks from the last two seasons. I kind of appreciate it and am enjoying the competition for competition's sake - not personality conflicts.

Tre, Chris, Dale, Hung, and the blond girl...can't recall her name....those will surely be the top 5 unless they keep Howie around for dramatic effect. I'm not sure who the winner will be, though. There doesn't seem to be clear front runners like in the last two seasons.

I can see him on the Food Network with his own show. He would have every woman tuning in for his good looks and good looking food.

Quote Originally Posted by Quemoni;2541174;
    I can see him on the Food Network with his own show. He would have every woman tuning in for his good looks and good looking food.

I wonder if he'll go try out for The Next Food Network Star now...

Quote Originally Posted by Quemoni;2541174;
    Sad to see him go.

As much as I hated to see him leave, I knew as soon as he said, "I can do bread pudding in my sleep" he was a goner. He said the same thing about his BBQ dish and that landed him in the bottom.

Why did not anyone taste the food before it went out? That's just plain dumb! A lot of things can be overlooked, but bad food is not one of them.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by MissT;2541528;

Why did not anyone taste the food before it went out? That's just plain dumb! A lot of things can be overlooked, but bad food is not one of them.
    This happens all of the time. Even Casey said her monkfish was bad, but she put it out also. I wonder if becuase of the budget and how much food they could buy, they just didn't have enough to start over. They had to serve what they made or run out.

FORT Fogey

I don't buy it, there is alot of spices in that kitchen. I think it was a CJ/Cassie set up. This is the second time they both were on the losing team and acted like they didn't know what was going on. Tre lost because he put his faith in his team members and you cant trust your competitors. There are always a couple of people every season that just do enough to get by and they are usually busted and called out very early on in the game. But I can't understand how CJ/Cassie who only had one dish put out bad food-they had hours to cook and make their food better.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesgal;2541579;
    This happens all of the time. Even Casey said her monkfish was bad, but she put it out also. I wonder if becuase of the budget and how much food they could buy, they just didn't have enough to start over. They had to serve what they made or run out.
    It really kind of ticks me off when the judges go off on the whole "If I taste it and its not good, it's not leaving my kitchen" thing. Yes, they're right. In a full-scale restaurant, with a menu with many items, if something doesn't turn out right, you tell your servers that you're not serving it that night, and you don't. But this is not a full-scale restaurant. This is a competition where you have to send something out. If a chef realizes anytime other than the very beginning of prep time that a dish tastes bad, he or she has no choice but to send it out. If you don't send anything out, you can be assured you're out. If you send it out and its bad, there MAY be something worse.

That line from the judges is a total cop-out and unrealistic.

Quote Originally Posted by MissT;2541528;
    As much as I hated to see him leave, I knew as soon as he said, "I can do bread pudding in my sleep" he was a goner. He said the same thing about his BBQ dish and that landed him in the bottom.

Me, too, MissT. That's why I didn't really watch it. My poor Tre!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast