Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Micah - Season 3

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Micah - Season 3

Micah

HOMETOWN: Currently resides in South Florida

PROFESSION: Caterer/Owner, The Wandering Chef Caterers

CULINARY EDUCATION: Self-Taught

FAVORITE SIMPLE SUMMER RECIPE: Gazpacho Made From Beautiful, Sun- Almost-Over-Ripened (and Preferably Spanish Sun) Tomatoes

A world-traveled single mother, Micah currently owns her own catering company. Best known for her eclectic world cuisine, her customers rave about her specialty - guava chili glazed lamb chop with passion fruit mint sauce. She thrives on usually being the only woman in the kitchen and loves when people underestimate her. For fun, she used to race sailboats and enjoys fishing if she can cook what she catches. An English Literature major, Micah was a restaurant reviewer and the editor of a boating magazine. She is currently at work on a children's book entitled "Silly Tilly Cooks Fusilli."
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Snoozin' on the beach

Re: Micah - Season 3

I don't know how I feel about her yet but I do like her background. When I see "world traveler" it makes me think she has picked up lots of info on in gredients, technique and recipes from other countries. That would give her diverse choices throughout the competition. Then again, world traveler could just mean she bummed around Europe in her youth, going from hostel to hostel and didn't pay attention to any kind of cooking. We'll find out soon enough

FORT Fogey

I like Micah. I like what she said about cooking being an art and that you don't need to be trained. As with anything in life, training can't help but help, but still, I think she's right. Seems to me that a person with a knack for it will just be able to run with it.

FORT Fan

I have been loving Micah. LOVING her!

FORT Fanatic

Micah grew up and graduated from high school in Bridgewater, Massachesetts.

FORT Newbie

I'm so glad she got the boot. She was an emotional wreck and seemed to always need attention. Plus she knocked Meatloaf. Who doesnt love MEATLOAF!?

Snoozin' on the beach

Quote Originally Posted by Moses04;2454644;
    I'm so glad she got the boot. She was an emotional wreck and seemed to always need attention. Plus she knocked Meatloaf. Who doesnt love MEATLOAF!?
    Me. I loathe meatloaf. Haven't eaten it since I was a kid and wouldn't eat it if it was the only food on earth

I had high hopes for her after the first episode but she sank to the bottom fast and stayed there. Though, she is one of many that have been inconsistant in their cooking so far. The middle of the pack are the only ones that have been consistant- everyone else is all over the place

LG.

I'm glad that Micah and her "I'm better than you low-brow Americans" attitude is out of there. Once she proclaimed "You [disgusting] Americans like your catsup on meatloaf" as her dish introduction I was pretty turned off. If she really grew up in Mass., then her accent and attitude are all completely fake, just like I thought most of her emotional tantrums seemed too. Good riddance.

*I love catsup on my meatloaf, by the way*
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I'm glad she's gone. She was getting super annoying with her ego and condecending-ness. I was rolling my eyes during her cryfest at the end. Whoever really believe that she's better of going home because she can hug her daughter or others are being cut throat won't be crying so much because she would have a peace in mind. To me, she was totally using her daughter, etc. to say "I actually wanted to go home, so judges, you did me a favor." Classic sore loser.

Sorry I sound too mean to her, but I don't like sore loser or those who make excuses when they can't swallow the real reasons for their own failure.

Quote Originally Posted by LG.;2454848;
    I'm glad that Micah and her "I'm better than you low-brow Americans" attitude is out of there. Once she proclaimed "You [disgusting] Americans like your catsup on meatloaf" as her dish introduction I was pretty turned off. If she really grew up in Mass., then her accent and attitude are all completely fake, just like I thought most of her emotional tantrums seemed too. Good riddance.

*I love catsup on my meatloaf, by the way*
    I thought she said she grew up in South Africa. I didn't like her condecending remarks either. I admit that meatloaf with ketchup on it hasn't been something I have been able to get used to since I came to America, but I don't look down of people because of the food--I just accept that we have different pallets. Her attitude was different than Hung's, who when he mentioned Americans like the skin, I don't think he was looking down on them, but was trying to make it how he understood Americans like it.

I think she was fake in general and I agree with the other ones who said she was using her daughter as an excuse rather than admitting why she failed and why she ended up having to leave.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast