+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 1/31 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Snoozin' on the beach
    I laughed how the judges kind of rolled their eyes at Elia's comments about Marcel's leadership and such in the kitchen and in the next breath Mike and Sam confirm her assesment (without even being there) were dead on.

actually, I saw a spoiler saying Ian won, and purposely decided not to watch the show.. Just checking to see who won. I'm not happy, but at least I didn't waste an hour of my life watching the loser win. I hope there is a backlash in his career. You get what you give.
    Oh I wish I were an Os-car Mayer Wie - ner
    That is what I'd tru-ly like to be
    'cause if I were an Os-car May-er Wie - ner
    Ev-ery one would be in love with me.

c. Oscar Mayer, 1965.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex;2222889;
    Oh my God! Elia picked Ilan over Marcel. BURN!!!!

didn't she start rooming with ilan half way through the competiton? and once she did that she turned on marcel?
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

Now we know the spoiler was right, I'm glad to skip the show tonight. Maybe next season will be about the food first, and drama a distant second.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith;2222972;
    God, I bet Betty even screams out Marcel's name when she's having sex. Ilan too.
    Too funny!

BTW, why did Frank say he would be on Marcel's team? Do you think the sous chefs planned a little back stabbing or did it just turn out that way?

Quote Originally Posted by Weinie;2222978;
    actually, I saw a spoiler saying Ian won, and purposely decided not to watch the show.. Just checking to see who won. I'm not happy, but at least I didn't waste an hour of my life watching the loser win. I hope there is a backlash in his career. You get what you give.

Yeah, I made the mistake of watching a whole hour of the Ilan spanish cooking show. Oh GOSH, I WAS SO SHOCKED BY ILAN'S DARING CHOICE TO STEP OUTSIDE HIS SAFTEY ZONE BY CHIOOSING TO COOK IN THE SPANISH TRADITION!
    yes, I'm yelling because I'm so sick of the way these judges JUDGE! Last week Sam was tossed for not choosing to go outside of his saftey zone and this week Ilan wins for staying inside his saftey zone...
    ARRRGGGHHHHHHH!!!
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

Serial killer killer Winston Smith's Avatar
    Ladies and Gentleman,

I give you next Top Chef -- the soulful and forgiving Ilan Hall!

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith;2222972;
    God, I bet Betty even screams out Marcel's name when she's having sex. Ilan too.
    Hah hah! So funny

I think both Ilan and Marcel created nice dishes, but Marcel's dishes looked a little simpler. And forgetting the fish behind? That's not good...

I don't understand why Marcel chose Mike, by the way. I know that the other choices (Frank and Mia) weren't that great, but Mike said he wanted to work with Ilan. Why does Marcel choose someone who doesn't want to work with him? He could have been much better with Mia. Was there any problems between him and Mia?

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Betty back. I hope tonight's episode was the last time I ever hear her name, see her face, and hear her screamy voice. That was hilarious to hear her call Ilan "Marcel". How much time does she spend everyday to think or talk about Marcel so that his name would stick in her mind? That was funny.

Anyway, I am happy that this season is over. Next one please

So, Ilan won? Ah well. I would like to say I'm happy for the guy but I still think he's a miserable twisted individual who has some serious issues he needs to work on. Having said that, though, sounds like he pulled it through at the end and wowed the judges with another shining example of Spanish cuisine. I can't help but think though he'll fritter away that money and wind up another line cook or sous chef or whatever they are for the rest of his career. I just don't see him as the head chef. Sorry.

Marcel? You did the best you could I'm sure but you're still, to me, too immature and too lacking in social skills to be a top chef. Hopefully with time and maturity he will learn a thing or two about the social aspect of working as a team in the kitchen. I wish him well, though, as he put up with a lot of crap (and yes he dished his fair share) and as Bourdin said, he gives him kudos for just hanging in there week after week with all the junk thrown at him.

Here's to TC3 and the hopes that the contestants are waaay more likeable and the focus returns to the food.

I have a bad tast in my mouth about the entire season.

I picked Ilan to win in the beginning. It was him or Sam. Ok. So he wins but I am not happy about it.

Ilan and Elia seemed really smoochy smoochy. Did anyone catch the hugs, kisses and such?

I truly think Marcel was sabotaged. I couldn't stand Marcel many times but he was always cool headed.

He was creative and took major risks even if the taste was off or his creations didn't work.

Ilan..over time his attitude really irked me and his food...well he sort of bored me AND I never saw him cool or prepare anything. Elia did the cooking.

Marcel cooked. Yes, Sam helped but from afar.

I am not happy with the final 2. I don't consider either as TOP CHEF.

Sam is the only one who could lead a team.

I can't think of any one else who could lead. They all could cook.

+ Reply to Thread