+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chow.com interview w/Elia--detailing Marcel's cheating.

wow- she's pathetic. She didn't feel the need to bring all of this cheating to anyone's attention until the finals, precisley the moment before she knew she was about to be axed. I may not be able to smell the food she cooks but I sure can smell her desperation. And if other people were aware ( i.e. sam) why didn't they make a big deal about it from the get go? I'm just saying- Marcel wasn't liked by his castmates and if he really was cheating they would have used that as a legitimate reason to get him tossed.
    "Remember, sometimes your`buddy' isn't really your `buddy'." - Donny

It's my understanding that the chefs didn't see any of these shows until... what? the 2 month break? It is entirely likely that Elia, Sam etc expected Marcel's cheating to be revealed during one of the eps and were surprised to find out that it ended up on the editing room floor. Having the details cut out of the F4 challenge would certainly explain the odd silence that followed the accusation. It would also explain why they brought it up at F4, since they had only just found out that it never made it through editing when it was first brought up.

While a physical altercation couldn't be overlooked, TPTB may have decided to let Marcel slide and threw out the whole mess while leading the other chefs to believe that they would "handle it". It could just be a simple as TPTB thinking it was bad PR for the show. Violating the contract should have been enough to have him thrown out, but he must have conned convinced them that while he had them, he never used them - ya, sure.

As I've gone on and on about, I think his behavior was enough of a reason to hate Marcel, but that combined with him getting away with blatant cheating has to finally turn his fans from the dark side.

Quote Originally Posted by dberk
    As I've gone on and on about, I think his behavior was enough of a reason to hate Marcel, but that combined with him getting away with blatant cheating has to finally turn his fans from the dark side.
    That's a pretty condescending thing to say, especially since you have no proof that any one cheated. One could just as easily say the Marcel haters need to turn away from "the dark side" as they spin everything about him into some grand conspiracy without any proof beyond the words of some very bitter people to back them up.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

WinstonSmith, thanks for posting that interview. Having read two Marcel interviews and one Elia, I'm more convinced he's in the right and Elia is just rambling like a madwoman. I agree w/ sweetpea and the others who have pointed out that if people knew Marcel was breaking the rules it would be difficult to keep it a secret. It just seems too complicated to say, "Oh, Marcel was blatantly cheating, the cameras caught it and the castmates caught it and reported it, but the judges and producers kept him in because of the drama he creates." I don't buy it!!!!

Interesting to see that Marcel lovers think Elia is a mad woman cause her interview supposedly does not make sense. I would like to see all five, Sam, Elia, Ilan, Cliff and Marcel asked the same questions about the incident and tell it from their point of view. You will get 5 different stories. After listening to all the pros and cons there is both guilt and praise to heap on everybody. At this point I just want a good nights sleep so I will tape the finale and watch tomorrow. 'night all
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fan
    Elia is not a mad woman ... I think she just got tired of Marcel's BS. (I am not politically correct enough to show tolerance for an emotionally challenged Marcel.)

There was something very off with Marcel. How can it be that ALL CONTESTANTS lost all respect for the man? They hardly felt this way about everyone else. Something else had to happen in the background for the show to decide not to do a reunion segment. What Elia said makes sense, and if true he was in possession of Agar and recipes, even if he never cracked either open, Marcel should have kicked him to the curb.

Also, makes me wonder if producers were aware of the contraband, confiscated and did not bother to share with the judges until after the semi-final double elimination segment.

Quote Originally Posted by Amberish;2223362;
    Elia is not a mad woman ... I think she just got tired of Marcel's BS. (I am not politically correct enough to show tolerance for an emotionally challenged Marcel.)

There was something very off with Marcel. How can it be that ALL CONTESTANTS lost all respect for the man? They hardly felt this way about everyone else. Something else had to happen in the background for the show to decide not to do a reunion segment. What Elia said makes sense, and if true he was in possession of Agar and recipes, even if he never cracked either open, Marcel should have kicked him to the curb.

Also, makes me wonder if producers were aware of the contraband, confiscated and did not bother to share with the judges until after the semi-final double elimination segment.
    Totally agree.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I love this pervading logic used by Marcel haters: something must be off if a small group of contestants hated him. It's like the argument used against gays, something must be wrong with them if so many people feel icky about them. It doesn't really have any reason behind it, and when examples are presented, they are convoluted at best and are circumstances that Marcel can't alone be guilty of.

The best people have come up with who were actually on the show is that he was like a gnat who would say underhanded things... again, hardly something unique to Marcel and it seems if he was actually saying these things to the people he was talking about, that was a big difference between the likes of people like Mia who accused Betty of cheating behind her back then played it cool when Betty was around. What's worse, someone who says what they think to you or to others when you're not their to defend yourself?
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

I think Elia is delusional and is making up things and not taking responsibility for her actions. This interview made me dislike her even more. I do not believe her story about Marcel cheating. I guarantee you this would not have gone unnoticed during the show--if everyone knew, with all the hate they had for him, they would have definitely told the producers and the producers would have definitely showed the footage of him turning it over and probably kicked him off. This is only coming out after the show and I just don't believe it. I think we would have seen it in an episode had it happened.

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar
    I don't know what to think. She sounds a bit off the deep end in this interview, but she didn't come off that way in the show. I still like her, but it's tempered with a bit of restraint after reading this.
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast