+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chow.com interview w/Elia--detailing Marcel's cheating.

Serial killer killer Winston Smith's Avatar
    I don't buy the cheating allegations for the simple fact that no one has ever mentioned it at all until now. Some of the chefs have been asked numerous times why they didn't like Marcel and to give specific examples of bad behavior, but the worst they could say is that he's annoying or he uses an "insultory" tone when he talks to people. If he had cheated in the middle of the competition as Sam is now saying, someone would've mentioned it by now.

As far as the agar goes, they sell it at Wild Oats. So if Elia saw him using it during a competition that doesn't mean he cheated. He could've bought it fair and square with money that was given to him during the competition. When she says "I don't know" before the accusation -- that's a tell. She's not 100% sure that he cheated. She's just grasping at straws.

Finally, the TV.com poll wasn't hacked. Marcel is extremely popular on the Television Without Pity forums. After the assualt his fans rallied. They spent a whole weekend voting for Marcel until his votes passed the 100K mark. They rallied again after Elia accused him of hacking. Anyone can vote on that poll an infinite number of times. At one point Sam's numbers started jumping as rapidly as Marcel's. I think Elia's just pissed because she only got a handful of votes.

There are ways to tell if a site has been hacked. Wonder if she has brought up that to the people who run the site?

I read the interview and was not impressed, especially with the person doing the interview. They didn't question the "I'm not sure" That is a rookie mistake. She sites specifics after the "I'm not sure." A follow up would be, "But you say you are not sure." Did you see the items in question used? Where did you see the items? Were they brought up to the producers?"

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith;2222018;
    Finally, the TV.com poll wasn't hacked. Marcel is extremely popular on the Television Without Pity forums. After the assualt his fans rallied. They spent a whole weekend voting for Marcel until his votes passed the 100K mark. They rallied again after Elia accused him of hacking. Anyone can vote on that poll an infinite number of times. At one point Sam's numbers started jumping as rapidly as Marcel's. I think Elia's just pissed because she only got a handful of votes.
    I agree Elia was wrong about the hacking thing. I can't believe that people would waste their time voting over and over again for any of the chefs. The TV.com poll means nothing, so who cares who has the most votes.

I swear she sound nuttier then she really is. If Marcel was doing all this cheating why didn't anyone say something sooner? It's crossing the line into slander at this point. She and the others are just a bunch of whiners.

Quote Originally Posted by Smahtasz;2221520;
    Gonna have to go with the poster who said that Elia sounds like she's got a few screws loose. I think she's losing it big time and for her to say that he hired a hacker??? Marcel may have been all sorts of things to all sorts of people, but believe me, if he cheated, Betty and Elan not to mention Sam who talked Elia into saying Marcel cheated, would have had the national guard down there to kick him out. What a bunch of sore losers and they still don't get that people actually like Marcel and watched what these people did to him. She didn't go watch the show with him, because she was embarrassed at what she did and said behind his back when he was nothing but nice to her and helpful to everyone else. Remember when Cliff had to do the purple challenge and they asked him who helped him with the colors, he said Marcel. Marcel helped more of them then they are willing to admit, bunch of wacko's!

Why is she screwy? Marcel did cheat apparently.
    He is a weasle.

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;2221266;
    Elia wasn't drinking and wasn't in the room that we saw but Sam was drinking and was in the room. It's not really surprising that their accounting of the incident would be different. How many times have we heard that eye witness accounts often vary? Elia may have combined her impressions with the story that Ilan gave her about it. I don't think she is lying; just telling the truth based on her perceptions and probably heresay.

The cheating and abusive comments from Marcel are all too believable. I don't know anything about hacking, but I'm sure we must have some hackers here that could tell us whether it sounds likely or not.

I think it's important to remember that Elia is only 23 and working with cultural and language barriers that most of us can't relate to. She may be high-strung and/or an overly emotional person, but she isn't crazy and I don't think we should discount what she says on that premise.

I agree, and if what Elia and Sam say is true, Marcel should have been gone.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;2221309;
    Sorry, dberk but I have to say that interview just makes me more angry with Elia. If that's her perception of what went down, fine, but to say that Marcel's insults were worse than being physically manhandled and tackled to the ground and held there? Whatever, Elia. If it had been you on teh receiving end of that "boy's prank" I think your tune would change a bit. And according to her she wasn't even in the room, so how exactly does she know how it went down between Cliff and Marcel.

So, again, the cheating allegations. Here is what she said

So, that's it? Agar in his bag and recipes from Joel Robuchon, which I am pretty sure he didn't use during the competition. And didn't they say there was an incident in the very beginning where he had some stuff taken away? It just seems like they don't have a lot to go with but they are being stubborn because they don't want to admit they were wrong and childish.

Again, to all of those rolling their eyes at this post, I don't think Marcel is an Angel, I don't think he is innocent of provocation and goading and probably a pretty immature and annoying personality, I don't think he is blameless, I don't think he is a Saint, I don't think the others didn't have the right to dislike him BUT I also don't think this was any justification for the other cheftestants descent into petty, schoolyard bullying tactics.

Whew. Ok, I'm done with Elia. Let's get this finale over with and move on. Survivor and TAR are coming up, and Top Design too...so it's all good! Hopefully the whole lot of them will be a distant memory for me in a week.
    That's it?

Well it was AGAINST the rules, and he signed a contract didn't he?

If I were in this competition, and I saw somebody cheating, I would bring it up to a producer immediately if not the judges. I wouldn't back down until I had an answer or had it addressed by someone. Elia came off the same way she did in front of the judges. Her accusation was serious, but she didn't have anything concrete to back it up with.

The whole head shaving incident is revealing. She's less able to filter her thoughts than Sam, I think that's been clear throughout the whole competition. Sam knows when to hold back and when to play along with the others. Elia's version - where they tried to shave Marcel's head first, then ended up doing hers and Ilan's later - rings true and agrees with the screencaps.

What I don't understand about Elia is how she can dismiss that incident so casually.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Serial killer killer Winston Smith's Avatar
    Marcel also confirmed that Bravo fudged the timeline in his latest interview...

http://www.gothamist.com/archives/2007/01/31/marcel_vigneron.php

Quote Originally Posted by taffina;2222112;
    That's it?

Well it was AGAINST the rules, and he signed a contract didn't he?

If that's the case, he should have and would have, I'm sure, been kicked off the show if in fact this allegation was brought to the producers and if he had actually done what they say. She said they all saw it and she mentioned it to the producers, yet Marcel is still there.

I am not quite ready to buy into a Bravo-TV-conspiracy to shepherd Marcel to the finals because it makes for "good tv" - nope, not buying it. If he was accused, if it was shown he was in the wrong and broke the rules and his contract, then he would be taken to task for it.

This "cheating" supposedly took place before the head-shaving/wrestling incident, so there's no way it was "Oh, let's ignore the cheating so Marcel doesn't sue us all for the way he was physically manhandled during the show."

For me, the simplist explanation is this: Marcel can be an ass, he rubs people the wrong way, Ilan took an instant and strong dislike to him, and from then on others jumped on the bandwagon. Even Tom C said by the end Marcel couldn't say or do anything without it being misconstrued by the others as an insult or a sign of his ego. Now they are just trying to justify their bad behaviour.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast