+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: FINAL 2 CHEFS - Speculation & ***Spoilers***

FINAL 2 CHEFS - Speculation & ***Spoilers***

Anyone have spoiler information or care to speculate on which of the chefs will make it to the Final 2?

I am going to guess based on editing alone that Marcel and Elia will be in the final two. And if not, either one that makes it to the final two would win.

Marcel
    I have always been an admitted Marcel-sympathizer. But I wonder if there was a lot more of Marcel's guilty actions going on than what we witnessed? How much more? Can so many other people despise him so much for what we have seen of his behavior? I'm still not convinced island fever and a somewhat annoying, relatively harmless guy would instigate so much despicable behavior. I am wondering how heavy-handed the producers were in the editing. The same producers who produce Project Runway who also got a mixed reponse (mostly negative and disappointment) to Jeffrey's win based on his early bad-guy portrayal. Maybe the producers don't want that type of response again and have wiped Marcel as clean as possible. This also accomplishes a "Yeah for the underdog" "Yeah for the geek" type of reaction if he wins, creating warm fuzzy feelings for all (except the show "bullies").

Elia
    Winston Smith pointed out in the 1-17 show thread fishy editing in the episode that gave a much kinder edit to Elia. Why bend over backwards, distorting the true chronology of the actual events and give her a kind edit unless she is making it to the Final 2? In a preview for the next episode, it appears she accuses Marcel of cheating. Is her move to the darkside now complete? Are they going to pit them as old friends but sudden enemies? On a sidenote I like her pixie cut. I'm a long-hair traditionalist, but the short 'do looks great on her.
    Last edited by miadora; 01-19-2007 at 02:06 PM.

I'm guessing Elia and Sam will make final 2. I don't think either Marcel or Ilan have the management or technical skills for TC. I don't really think Elia does either, but I think she'll make final 2. Even though I don't like Sam's passive-aggressiveness, I think he's the most talented and has the best people skills. That's not saying I think he really deserves to be TC. I just think the others deserve it even less than he does.

I think Sam and Elia will make the final 2. Ilan could make it if he doesn't screw up and make another awful dish, like the liver and chocolate, while Elia could be sent home if she gives up like she almost did in the last show.

Quote Originally Posted by miadora;2209569;
    Marcel
    I have always been an admitted Marcel-sympathizer. But I wonder if there was a lot more of Marcel's guilty actions going on than what we witnessed? How much more? Can so many other people despise him so much for what we have seen of his behavior? I'm still not convinced island fever and a somewhat annoying, relatively harmless guy would instigate so much despicable behavior. I am wondering how heavy-handed the producers were in the editing. The same producers who produce Project Runway who also got a mixed reponse (mostly negative and disappointment) to Jeffrey's win based on his early bad-guy portrayal. Maybe the producers don't want that type of response again and have wiped Marcel as clean as possible. This also accomplishes a "Yeah for the underdog" "Yeah for the geek" type of reaction if he wins, creating warm fuzzy feelings for all (except the show "bullies").
    I see what you are saying, but am not sure I agree. Main reason: The call in poll during the show.

Who hates Marcel more?
    A: Cliff
    B: Ilan
    C: Sam
    D: ME

Why would they include the "ME" choice if they were trying to create the "warm-fuzzies"? Just a thought.
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own!" Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Team Renee//Team Sarah// DreamOf1000Cats's Avatar
    I say it will be Ilan and Elia

I'd be surprised if Sam didn't make it to the top two. He seems to get a fairly sympathetic edit, whereas Elia's taste has really been called into question on occasion. When she gets kudos, they are pretty high, though.

Usually, they go for someone with a little bit of a problem or story that has seemed to overcome them - but then go for the solid winner just in case. So I'm thinking it will come down to Sam and Elia...possibly Sam and Marcel.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Wryle;2209647;
    I see what you are saying, but am not sure I agree. Main reason: The call in poll during the show.

Who hates Marcel more?
    A: Cliff
    B: Ilan
    C: Sam
    D: ME

Why would they include the "ME" choice if they were trying to create the "warm-fuzzies"? Just a thought.
    Good point.

The only reason I could think of as to why they would include "Me" in the poll is maybe to add a "dash" of Jeffrey to him without showing very many actual, factual incidents of his bad behavior.

Or, I am reaching and am totally, completely and utterly wrong in my reasoning and prediction.

Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles
    I don't think that the Marcel/Jeffrey thing means that he is going to win Top Chef. I think they're just editing it that way for drama. Cause seriously, if they didn't have the Marcel hating this season would be so boring.

I personally think Sam will win because all season I think they've been showing him to be like Harold, and even though the two are very different, I think that plus his skills make Sam the top chef.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    I'm going with Sam & Elia. Ilan is OK, but only in his Spanish food element. Marcel is OK, but he was hung up on the foams for too long and doesn't exhibit the "leadership" Tom is always going on about. If for no other reason, they'll bounce him for that.

FORT Fogey
    I think Sam and Ilan are most deserving from a culinary perspective.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast