+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: FINAL 2 CHEFS - Speculation & ***Spoilers***

Quote Originally Posted by midnightsky;2215829;
    That bothers me as well. I can see in the beginning just focusing on how the chef does in the particular challenge, but for the final everything that chef has done up to that point should be considered too. I feel no need to watch the final show next week. Either chef is top chef material.
    Agreed, but what is confusing is that Tom WAS debating their overall performance at the judges table when he was comparing Ilan to Sam.
    So, what happened?
    Sam got held to a higher standard?
    I think the producers wanted to do the typical reality show thing...the DRAMA trumps the talent.
    Now everyone can see Marcel beat his meanie bully.
    Last edited by taffina; 01-25-2007 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by miadora;2215991;
    I guess the Honolulu article was a spoiler of sorts because it focused heavily on Marcel and Ilan and had no quotables from Elia or from Sam.

And see ya never, Sam...
    I correctly assumed he wasn't making it to the Final 2. But he should be happy with the $10k. And he's proved that passive-aggressive wussiness can pay.
    Yes in retrospect it certainly was a spoiler. Also, the fact that Sam was on a TV morning show yesterday morning made me think he was going to be eliminated. I thought this because why have him on this week if he won or makes the finale two considering that is next weeks show.

Quote Originally Posted by miadora;2216025;
    Can anyone remind me what elimination challenge Sam won on his own? I can't remember.
    That would be none. He only won one EC, and that was the holiday challenge.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Chef_%28Season_2%29
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Quote Originally Posted by taffina;2216100;
    Yes in retrospect it certainly was a spoiler. Also, the fact that Sam was on a TV morning show yesterday morning made me think he was going to be eliminated. I thought this because why have him on this week if he won or makes the finale two considering that is next weeks show.
    Did Sam have any interesting tidbits to share during his television appearance?

Quote Originally Posted by corprip;2216107;
    Thanks for the info. I thought maybe he had won one on his own, but I couldn't remember for sure.
    Last edited by miadora; 01-25-2007 at 03:26 PM.

Word in blogland is that Ilan quit his job as line chef at Casa Mono yesterday (coincidentally or not, the day the finale-part 1 aired).

FORT Regular
    One of the questions that Judge Colicchio has been asked is whether a contestants past performances are considered when picking the winner of a particular challenge. Judge Colicchio said 'no', it's how you do in the current challenge that determines whether you move on to the next challenge or go home. I have questioned that statement several times as over the past two seasons Colicchio has appeared to play favorites. I feel in this case, Marcel hit a homerun and deserved to be the #1 winner. However, because of his maturity and leadership abilities, I felt that Sam should have been the #2 winner over Ilan who I think has mental issues as far as Marcel is concerned.
    Yeah Gizmo, I agree with you as far as the judging is concerned. I guess I forgot to state that this is why I loathe Marcel with a passion. My opinion not the opinion of the judges or how they judged. Sorry I didn't make that clear... my bad. I also agree with you about Sam. Read Colicchio's blog on Bravo tho. I found it interesting even if I didn't totally agree with it.

OK, now if anyone cares I have a slight spoiler. I just watched the Top Chef preview on Bravo site and I know who will be paired with who/whom on the last episode. You see Mikey, Betty, Elia and Sam. As they get their challenge and walk away. Betty is thrilled and hugs Ilan and they walk away with Elia. I think Sam is shaking Marcel's hand and I saw Mikey walking over to them. Hmmmmmm

Donna

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by miadora;2216180;
    Word in blogland is that Ilan quit his job as line chef at Casa Mono yesterday (coincidentally or not, the day the finale-part 1 aired).
    That, combined with the fact that in the promos for next week, Padma is seen looking up and towards the left (the direction that Ilian is shown standing earlier in the clip) when she announces the winner, has some people wondering if he indeed (god forbid) might be the winner.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by dondale56;2216489;
    Yeah Gizmo, I agree with you as far as the judging is concerned. I guess I forgot to state that this is why I loathe Marcel with a passion. My opinion not the opinion of the judges or how they judged. Sorry I didn't make that clear... my bad. I also agree with you about Sam. Read Colicchio's blog on Bravo tho. I found it interesting even if I didn't totally agree with it.

OK, now if anyone cares I have a slight spoiler. I just watched the Top Chef preview on Bravo site and I know who will be paired with who/whom on the last episode. You see Mikey, Betty, Elia and Sam. As they get their challenge and walk away. Betty is thrilled and hugs Ilan and they walk away with Elia. I think Sam is shaking Marcel's hand and I saw Mikey walking over to them. Hmmmmmm

Donna
    If Marcel had to work with Sam and Mike, it's better than having Elia and Betty as sous chefs. Both Mike and Sam have indicated in interviews that although they could never be close friends with Marcel, that he is not that bad a guy. On the other hand, Marcel would be in real trouble if he had either Elia or Betty or worse case scenario(both women) as they really hate his guts. I think that Sam will do a good job as many viewers, including prospective employers and investors, could be watching the final and he would want to appear professional. As Sam said in one of his interviews, because of the show a lot of doors are opening for him. Mikey being Mikey doesn't have an axe to grind with Marcel so I think he'll do a workmanlike job.
    Last edited by gizmo1; 01-26-2007 at 01:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by corprip;2216107;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Chef_%28Season_2%29
    Yes, where he was the team leader.

He won FIVE QF's on his own though.

Sam's resume is impressive, especially considering the competitive place in which he launched his career.
    It's not as if any old slob can make it in NYC's culinary world.

I think debating whether Sam is a great cook/chef is silly.
    Last edited by taffina; 01-26-2007 at 08:25 PM.

Agreed that the judging seemed inconsistent. It was shocking to see Sam sent home after the very positive reactions to both his dishes from the guests and the judges.

How could Marcel, who'd been one step away from being sent home several times, be in the final two and Sam who had several wins under his belt, get sent packing?

Also, does anyone know why they didn't have a reunion show this season? Those are always my favorite episodes on TC an PR.

+ Reply to Thread