+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 11/22 Show Discussion Thread ***Spoilers***

Quote Originally Posted by greyecho;2152789;
    Tonights episode just goes to prove that this show can't sustain a second season. Chef Colecovision is really random this season and giving half of the aspiring chefs immunity smells funny - especially when his least favorite are the only people on the elimination side. Feels like he's playing favorites. Guess it's time to move on.
    I agree to some extent. I'm not a fan of Tom C. (he obviously hated Dave from season 1 & did everything he could to undermine him). I'm glad they got rid of Mrs. Billy Joel but Tom needs to go too. The chefs themselves don't seem as talented as last years batch either. I think Sam's going to win with Cliff coming in second. Also, I liked Betty during the first few episodes but she's starting to wear thin with each passing show.

FORT Fanatic
    I can sort of understand why the quickfire was designed to break the 10 chefs into two teams of five each. We are back on schedule as far as no more double eliminations or 2-person teams for awhile. With only five contestants to prepare the meal, a normal Thanksgiving dinner having five different courses can be presented. Otherwise we'd have a ten course Thanksgiving dinner which is not the way it happens in most households.

I orginially liked Betty at the beginning but now I must agree with Marcel's assessment of her, she is ridiculous and a bully....she loudmouths her opinion to Marcel but when he asks her a question she doesn't want to answer she begins to scream, and the only reason she named Carlos as the one to go home is because he said something about her dish, she immediately began to scream during and after judging about Carlos throwing her under the bus, she really is coming off as immature, petty and generally unlikable

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by LovesBoots;2154800;
    I orginially liked Betty at the beginning but now I must agree with Marcel's assessment of her, she is ridiculous and a bully....she loudmouths her opinion to Marcel but when he asks her a question she doesn't want to answer she begins to scream, and the only reason she named Carlos as the one to go home is because he said something about her dish, she immediately began to scream during and after judging about Carlos throwing her under the bus, she really is coming off as immature, petty and generally unlikable
    I was going to post a similar comment under the Betty thread. Used to like her; now I don't. I'm rootin' for Marcel in a Marcel vs. Betty showdown, and that's saying alot 'cause I'm not a Marcel fan.

Serial killer killer Winston Smith's Avatar
    Just watched the bonus footage. No wonder there's so much drama!

The chefs that won immunity basically spent the whole day on a bender. They had drinks at breakfast. And I'm talking hard liquour here. Mia was doing what looked like double tequila shots. They were drinking again when Marcel and Michael took a break from cooking. They had wine with dinner. And then there was even more beer during the judging.

They should re-title the show: "Who's Afraid of Leaving Las Vegas during a Long Day's Journey into a Lost Weekend with Virginia Woolf!"

FORT Fanatic
    Hard liquor and sometimes drunkedness seems to be an occupational hazard. It even played a role in the TC1 finale.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by LovesBoots;2154800;
    Well said. I'm also throwing my support to Marcel.

Yep, Betty's getting prettttty annoying. But to me, she's not the worst. I actually think Mia is the worst one. When the elimination challenge was announced, Mia was the only one smiling. All the other chefs on the winning team looked shocked and felt bad about the losing team cooking for them. Mia, if I remember correctly, actually jumped up and down to celebrate the fact that others would be cooking for her. Now that's nasty.

Sorry for the double post. I had to say it.

Also, I really dislike Chef Tom C. It seems like he was completely biased in selecting the winners from the quickfire challenge. I can't help but wonder if the outcome would have been different if the tasting was blind (i.e. Tom didn't know whose food he was eating).

I felt really bad for Elia. It's one thing to have lower skills (e.g. Michael and Frank) than others and get picked on for that. It's completely another to feel that there is a difference in taste. Given her background, she has skills and she's proven to me that she has artistic skills for presentations. I felt really frustrated when she cooked the quickfire challenge and had to explain to Tom that that's how it's served typically and Tom still disagreed with her on their togetherness.

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo1;2157101;
    Hard liquor and sometimes drunkedness seems to be an occupational hazard. It even played a role in the TC1 finale.
    Actually chefs are notorious for drinking. This is just a microcosm of that fact.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast