+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Top Chef 11/1 Recap: Comfort Food, Cravability and Bacon Ice Cream!

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by chefashley;2128733;
    This was a good challenge, and I think they made the right decision by sending Emily home. Her comments at the beach were uncalled for, and oversalting food is just an amateur mistake.

As far as Betty's win goes, she got a little too excited. I liked her at first, but now she's just gettin' annoying. Her fight with Marcel was uncalled for on both parts, but we don't know what's going on behing-the-scenes.

That ice-cream challenge was cool, but I have to say that Marisa is one of the worst pastry chefs I've ever seen. She screws up a simple, boring ice-cream flavor and can't make pannacotta. A crisp won't redeem her, because it's the easiest thing ever! I have to say that the pork-flavored ice-cream was just weird, but Ilan's actually sounded good, with the waffles.
    I wonder if Marisa ever made Panna Cotta before she made the show. She states that she used a one-to-one ratio of gelatin(tsp) to cream or whatever liquid(cup) she incorportated in her panna cotta. Just about all the recipes I looked up on the internet called for at least a one-to- two(or more) ratio of gelatin(tsp) to cream and other liquids(cups) in the preparation of panna cotta.
    Last edited by gizmo1; 11-08-2006 at 12:18 AM.

Hi! I'm new to the forum but not to Top Chef! I can't wait until tomorrow's episode! Who is everyone's favorite so far?

Quote Originally Posted by csully;2132921;
    Hi! I'm new to the forum but not to Top Chef! I can't wait until tomorrow's episode! Who is everyone's favorite so far?

Welcome to you, too, csully. FORT's a great forum.

From what I'm reading here it appears Betty and Sam are early favorites.

There will be a "Spoilers" thread here at 7:00 PST and posters come in to give the west coasters descriptions of the episode's happenings.

See ya all then!

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;2132976;
    Welcome to you, too, csully. FORT's a great forum.

From what I'm reading here it appears Betty and Sam are early favorites.

There will be a "Spoilers" thread here at 7:00 PST and posters come in to give the west coasters descriptions of the episode's happenings.

See ya all then!
    And a west coaster like me really appreciates it!

FORT Newbie
    I wonder if Marisa ever made Panna Cotta before she made the show. She states that she used a one-to-one ratio of gelatin(tsp) to cream or whatever liquid(cup) she incorportated in her panna cotta. Just about all the recipes I looked up on the internet called for at least a one-to- two(or more) ratio of gelatin(tsp) to cream and other liquids(cups) in the preparation of panna cotta.
    According to Lee Anne, her stated ratio was correct. The problem was that she wasn't paying attention and used tablespoons instead of teaspoons.

That said, Iím starting to wonder if Marisa even knows how to cook period.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana170;2135386;
    According to Lee Anne, her stated ratio was correct. The problem was that she wasn't paying attention and used tablespoons instead of teaspoons.

That said, Iím starting to wonder if Marisa even knows how to cook period.
    Lee Anne never stated that Marisa's stated ratio (1 tsp gelatin to 1 cup of liquid) was the correct ratio. A 1 to 1 ratio seems to me to be more appropriate to making a jello desert with a mold. Mistakingly using a tbs which is equal to three tsp would mean a 3 to 1 ratio = NHL Hockey Puck

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12