+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Padma Lakshmi - Host, Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by UGetWhatYouNeed;2137084;
    I listened to an interview with Emily. She dogged Padma (and everyone else). Emily talked about Padma's cellulite, shorty shorts, and that they would sit around for 8 hours waiting for Padma to get her lines right.

http://www.chow.com/stories/10194
    You know, it always seems to me that a lot of the dialogue of the hosts/judges, etc., is dubbed in after. I especially noticed this with Katie Joel. Also with Tom and Gail a lot last year.
    I haven't noticed it as much this year, with Padma, or anyone else, but I still think it goes on.

FORT Newbie
    I'm not terribly thrilled with the host change. Two seasons, and they still don't have it right. Padma is lovely to look at, but she has about as much sparkle as a cup of mud. I'm hoping they try somebody new for season three.

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar
    Not a fan of Padma's. Why does the host have to be rail thin? Okay, so she may not be tossing the food up in the bathroom after a taping and I'm a bad woman to have that thought, but it did cross my mind. I'm not saying hire someone who's fat, but a size two would be an improvement.

As for cellulite, even rail thin people have that. It's not about weight. It's genetics.

She also strikes me as cold and unintereting. Her smiles are so rare. Food is supposed to be fun. It's the one thing that binds the race together. No matter what religion we practice, the kind of life we lead or our sexual preferences, we all have to eat. So hire a host that can look like she'd enjoying the food, please.
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo1;2137098;
    My take on Padma is that she dresses inappropriately for a cooking show.
    I feel the same way. Sometimes I see her outfits compared with Tom and Gayle and I want to say "Are you serious?"

I hope they find someone else for season 3.

FORT Fanatic
    If they ever decide to get rid of Padma, how about getting Rachel Ray to take her place. Rachel may cook out of a can, but she dresses nicer than Padma and is really cute. She can say to the loser "Your dish wasn't yummo so please pack your knives and go."

Quote Originally Posted by UGetWhatYouNeed;2137084;
    I listened to an interview with Emily. She dogged Padma (and everyone else). Emily talked about Padma's cellulite, shorty shorts, and that they would sit around for 8 hours waiting for Padma to get her lines right.

http://www.chow.com/stories/10194

Thanks for the link! I also listened to Betty's interview. Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo1;2197486;
    If they ever decide to get rid of Padma, how about getting Rachel Ray to take her place. Rachel may cook out of a can, but she dresses nicer than Padma and is really cute. She can say to the loser "Your dish wasn't yummo so please pack your knives and go."
    I don't know about Rachel as a host. She has an overpowering presence and it would distract attention from the chefs. Besides, she's on a rival network.

Padma has possibilities if she could get some serious coaching for her assorted shortcomings. Anyone is better than Billy Joel's child bride.

FORT Regular
    Emily Sprissler, the third to get kicked off “Top Chef,” gives up some choice behind-the-scenes details. For example: they’re hot, unfed, kept awake for 24 hours straight, and begging for a bathroom break—while Padma is given eight hours to get a thought out.
    I took this quote from the above link. I find this to be totally ridiculous, if not an outright lie. Oh, not the Padma stuff, just the rest. UNFED... Sam is a diabetic and that would be criminal behavior on the part of the producers of the show to make him go without food. The same goes for the "awake for 24 hours" and "begging for a bathroom break". After seeing that and listening to her interview, I find her to be wholly uncredible and probably and outright liar. I'm sure they have some hardships there, but did she think this was going to be a picnic?

me a river Emily, you couldn't hack it. I thought you were a professional, now we know your just a cry baby.

Donna

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;2197659;
    I don't know about Rachel as a host. She has an overpowering presence and it would distract attention from the chefs. Besides, she's on a rival network.

Padma has possibilities if she could get some serious coaching for her assorted shortcomings. Anyone is better than Billy Joel's child bride.
    I was just kidding about Rachel as a host. Besides being on the Food Network, Bravo couldn't come up with the money to have her on TC.

FORT Fogey
    If Rachel hosts the show, I won't tune in. I don't enjoy her style AT ALL. One of the things I've liked about both seasons of Top Chef is that the hosts tend to take a back seat. They introduce the tasks calmly, clearly, and directly. There is enough spirit to get everyone going, but then they leave and the show is all about the chefs.

With Rachel Ray, the show would be all about her. She'd overpower the chefs because she is loud.

I really didn't mind Billy Joel's wife (whatever her name is) nor do I mind Padma. They are both subtle and not overpowering. I'd like to see Padma stay so long as the show doesn't become "her" show.
    Last edited by Jexter; 01-07-2007 at 10:20 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast