+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Marisa Churchill - Season 2

Marisa Churchill - Season 2

Hometown: San Francisco, CA
    Profession: Executive Pastry Chef, AME
    Education: C.C.A. and C.I.A Greystone
    Signature Dish: Black currant tea crème brule with huckleberry compote

Marisa's love for the culinary arts began at a very early age watching her Greek grandmother cooking in the kitchen and preparing delicious dishes for the family. As she grew up, Marisa decided to pursue a full-time career in the culinary arts and enrolled at the prestigious C.C.A culinary institute where she earned a baking degree.

Marisa thrives on usually being the only woman in the kitchen and loves when people underestimate her. Not worried about being pigeonholed as a pastry chef, she is convinced she will bring a completely different look and taste to the competition. She has been a competitive athlete her whole life and still competes in swimming matches across the nation.

OK, so she obviously knows desserts. But can she cook an entire meal?
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

okay, I could see her on here but again, no substance...where is Bravo getting these people??

Charmed n' Dangerous tumblin' dice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by corprip View Post
    OK, so she obviously knows desserts. But can she cook an entire meal?
    She's Greek. She can cook an entire meal or two or ten. I've eaten with Greek families, and if you don't walk away stuffed to the gills, it's because you held everyone at gunpoint to keep them from filling your plate again. (grin)
    The thieves get rich, the saints get shot-
    And god don't answer prayers a lot.

-Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

Quote Originally Posted by tumblin' dice View Post
    She's Greek. She can cook an entire meal or two or ten. I've eaten with Greek families, and if you don't walk away stuffed to the gills, it's because you held everyone at gunpoint to keep them from filling your plate again. (grin)
    Well all ethnic generalizations aside, in most cases pastry chefs don't usually crossover well to savory cuisine. Techniques and flavors are different, and it's rare to find someone who excels at both. But if she can, then she should go far.

You know I'm Greek too, and I've never met a Greek woman who couldn't cook up a storm. They're in the kitchen before they can even walk. So this could be interesting. Lets hear it for the Greeks!

FORT Newbie

Chef?

I dated Marisa in San Francisco. I was arrested in North Beach, when she ran a red light in her Jeep, she was arrested for a DUI, and posession of pot they found in the glove box. I was released without charges the next morning, no thanks to her! Firstly, she is 30 not 28. Does Bravo do any checking at all? Even a driving record? DOB?
    I read some of her Woman seeks Woman ads on Craigs list. She has an "alternative" lifestyle that is hardly mainstream TV worthy! One of my friends "met" her in a swingers club last Christmas. He has cell phone pics which he is willing to sell if she wins the Chef show. Believe me, they are worth a few bucks!!!!!!!

So her being bisexual makes her unworthy of mainstream TV?
    Last edited by lildago; 10-16-2006 at 11:12 AM. Reason: baiting

FORT Newbie

Slut

No, her sexuality is not on trial here! Being in a relationship and "cruising" for tail is unexceptable. Bi, straight or gay, it's wrong!
    The point here is, doesn't Bravo do any checks? These contsestants are not verified. Marisa Churchill never mentioned Greek parents to me, I met some middle-aged folks from the midwest who used canned fried onions at Thanksgiving when they visited.
    I want to be an astronaut, do you think NASA is as vigilant?

FORT Newbie

Wow

I was reading about Top Chefs and saw Marisa's name...wow. I was in her class at the culinary acedemy. She had the lowest scores, until she was seen with the chef in a bar off Van Ness, then she did good. I think she she did good with the bravo producer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast