+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Sam Talbot - Season 2

I liked Sam the best too. Although it is probably more because he's a hunk who can cook really, really well. He seemed more mature than his competition, especially those in the finals, and the others seemed to respect him. I agree with Bourdain, that he probably has the best potential as a Top Chef in the real world.

Snoozin' on the beach
    I think Sam had the most talent to be TC as well. He seemed the least objectionable of a pathetic bunch behaviorwise.Yeah he was a bit of a pot stirrer, that's got about as much to do with cooking as Marcel purposely pushing peoples buttons.

They all have picked cooking as their career but there isn't a "professional" among them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shady64;2221707;
    They all have picked cooking as their career but there isn't a "professional" among them.
    I agree, Shady. If I could have chosen the two I could see as true potential "Top Chef" material for the finale, I would have picked Sam and Cliff. They seemed to project the leadership ability that's necessary, and also both were good chefs (Cliff's romantic dinner plate and Sam's green eggs aside).

FORT Fogey
    I don't get the Sam hate. He was NOWHERE near as obnoxious to Marcel as Betty and Ilan.

Talking about child-like antics, what about Marcel when Sam led his team to victory in the Hollywood challenge? What a child.

It isn't just Betty, Ilan, Cliff, and Sam who needed to step up to the plate in this relationship. Marcel needed to meet them half-way.

I'd agree with you, Jexter if it weren't so obviously clear that anything Marcel might say or do wouldn't go down well with these folks, aside perhaps from grovelling at their feet begging forgiveness for whatever it was he did to piss them off. Which, obviously, he's not about to do. I agree Marcel's speech trying to take the focus off Sam's leadership at the judges table was stupid and pathetic, really. He should have just kept his mouth shut. But, he's got a big mouth and I'm sure it didn't do anything but hurt him in the eyes of the judges.

Even Chef Tom stated in an interview that Marcel just basically has to breathe and he'd irritate the others in some way. I don't know what he could do at that point to "meet them half-way"

Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles
    Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;2222262;
    I don't get the Sam hate. He was NOWHERE near as obnoxious to Marcel as Betty and Ilan.

Talking about child-like antics, what about Marcel when Sam led his team to victory in the Hollywood challenge? What a child.

It isn't just Betty, Ilan, Cliff, and Sam who needed to step up to the plate in this relationship. Marcel needed to meet them half-way.
    I completely agree! Don't understand the Sam hate at all. He was the least obnoxious to Marcel and was probably the best cook too. Should have been the Top Chef without a doubt!

FORT Fogey
    I am just wondering... did this guy smile ONCE the whole season? I haven't seen any episode before Mike's elimination but every time I've seen Sam he has a pinched and pissed expression on his face. I liked him a lot but if he approached me in person I'd be afraid.

Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiest;2222950;
    I am just wondering... did this guy smile ONCE the whole season? I haven't seen any episode before Mike's elimination but every time I've seen Sam he has a pinched and pissed expression on his face. I liked him a lot but if he approached me in person I'd be afraid.
    He smiled sometimes during the show but I think he really took it serious, hence all the serious faces.

Personally if he approached me in person I wouldn't be able to stop smiling because I think he is extremely good looking.

I wonder Sam's diabetes had anything to do with his outburst against Marcel at the store. You know, blood sugar levels can effect the temper sometimes. Even some people who are not diabetic can be quick-tempered and ornery in the mornings before the breakfast.
    Last edited by j_mado; 02-01-2007 at 01:06 PM. Reason: typo

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar
    I like Sam. He obviously cares about what he was doing and worked hard. Was he perfect? No, but if I had been locked in with those loonies I would have gone nuts. I'm just surprised no one was attacked with knives. Oh wait, I suppose clippers can be considered tiny knives.
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

+ Reply to Thread