+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Sam Talbot - Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by chefashley;2182526;
    miadora, he was just kidding about that. It's totally obvious that he was just joking with her.
    I disagree. He pulled a passive-aggressive guilt trip on a preteen.

FORT Fanatic
    If Cliff gets eliminated, we can expect Sam to win it. There's too big a gap btween Sam and the other chefs who are essentially line chefs.

FORT Regular
    If Cliff gets eliminated, we can expect Sam to win it. There's too big a gap btween Sam and the other chefs who are essentially line chefs.
    Gizmo? Would you put Ilan in that category? Sam has had 2 challenges that I thought he didn't preform up to a top chefs standards. The Camp Glucose and the Surfer Challenge. He seemed to be very whinny in that one. Ilan seems to have rolled with most of the punches... well until this next one at least. Cliff has lost me with his condesention. You can't be that way and be a top chef.

Donna

Single Gourmet
    Just because Ilan is a line cook doesn't mean we can count him out of the finale just yet. He's shown the most consistency thus far.
    "Be kind to those you meet on your way up, because you'll meet the same people on the way back down."-Jackie Gleason/Ralph Kramden

FORT Fanatic
    Don't get me wrong, I would like very much for either Ilan or Elia to win the title of Top Chef. Ilan is very good for someone with only three years in the kitchen. By the time he is 30, he will be a force to be reckoned with. I'm sure that there are many who would like to see a woman win. I'm just saying that Sam has the experience and the credentials that neither Ilan, Elia, or Marcel have. He has to be considered the clear favorite if it comes down to these four.

By the way, did anyone catch the "20 questions" interview with Sam on the "They Cook, We Dish" blogsite. Sam mentions that after TC2 filming was finished, he did a tour of the USA, wining and dining and expects to do it again next year. It sounds like a man that might have won $100,000.

http://tc2blogger.blogspot.com/
    Last edited by gizmo1; 12-27-2006 at 06:44 PM.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;2186259;
    Sam fan here. If I were 20 years younger, I'd pine over him in big way. Now I just oogle.
    Oh, come on! Join me in my pining. If I were 20 years younger, I'd proposition him (if he was into guys, that is). YummY!

So far, I've been able to forgive everything, although I get pangs of conscience (between the pangs of laughter) when I think of his unkind jibe about Marcel's height. You'd think a 6'5" guy would behave better than to pick on short guys. Will it last? Who knows?

-WL

FORT Newbie

Fights

I think that people are picking on Marcel because he is an easy target. The guy is a total jerk, and being under that much stress, I think I would have kicked his ass already and gotten kicked off the show.

Sam can make me ceviche any day plus he seems pretty nice. I keep hearing about how overly confident and arrogant he is but I don't see it.

FORT Fogey
    Marcel asked for it from Day 1. The others' retaliation went too far. In ALL relationships, both good and bad, it takes two to tango.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;2202627;
    Marcel asked for it from Day 1. The others' retaliation went too far. In ALL relationships, both good and bad, it takes two to tango.
    Hi, new here to the board, but watched every episode, I was wondering if there was something I missed about Marcel? I thought it was Betty who started picking on him during the TGIF challenge and he gave it right back and then everyone came down on him like the hammer of God (I know she said some other nasty things to him beforehand but that was the pinnacle of the bulling, it was the first time he stuck up for himself and the first time I heard Cliff state he should be hurt physically). I don't know, I have this thing against bullies and cliches, so I unfortunately couldn't stomach any of them winning. Sam, Cliff and Elia have been my favorites until Sam and Cliff started acting like idiots and instead of just focusing on cooking they joined a gang, what a waste of time and energy and not to mention talent. Well it's good to know one of the Heather's gets the boot this week.

FORT Fogey
    This is just my opinion (right or wrong)...

IMHI, it was Marcel's cockiness that got him in trouble. It doesn't excuse the others, but he should have toned it down for the sake of "getting along" which is a big part of what makes our world go round. And, sometimes, it doesn't come easy, and ya' just have to work at it. Marcel needs to learn this lesson.

In the meantime, I liked Betty in the beginning. I also really like her style of cooking. However, she turned out to be somewhat of a bully. Weak. She let Marcel get under her skin, and from there, it was a slippery slope for everyone else to follow suit.

+ Reply to Thread