+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Sam Talbot - Season 2

Serial killer killer Winston Smith's Avatar
    Did anyone else watch the bonus footage of Sam talking to the kids at Camp Glucose?

Holy crap! What's wrong with this man?

He comes off looking weirdly intense. Vaguely Kramer-esque. The kids even make fun of him after he has trouble getting up and walking away from the table.

i was unimpressed with the trip to the food bank on the thankgiving episode. sam had a cornish hen in each hand, and grunted a few words to the worker at the shelter. i love guys who have a large shoe wardrobe, but those square toed shoes are the epitomy of toolish.

I can't stand this dude. Very two-faced. Acts cool in front of everyone but take potshots at them when they aren't in front of him to defend themselves. First, an extended complaint in the "11th hour" about someone using olive oil for the Camp Glucose challenge. Then a potshot to the judges about Elia's use of frozen waffles.

And last week he had the nerve to act cool with Frank, pat him on the back and such as Frank is leaving. But once Frank is gone he starts complaining about Frank "breaking" something of his, all snotty-like, in the first few minutes of this week's episode, with Frank no where around to defend himself. What a slick coward.

During the Camp Glucose challenge he also gave one of the diabetic kids a hard time because she didn't choose his team's dish. I guess he assumed she "owed" him a loyalty simply because not only is he a diabetic, but because he thinks he's all that. For god sakes, she's jut a kid. Trying to make her feel guilty so that she can't enjoy her meal is not promoting the positive effect you are suppose to be having on these kids. What nerve. This guy is all "image" and not much substance.

I like him.. im actually rooting for him!

FORT Fanatic
    I think Sam's a total tool. He has no evidenced charm or personality - he just broods and whines - two activities which are not attactive as a pair. I don't blame Marcel for wanting to object to the idea of Sam as master manager and motivator, but Marcel went about it in a horrible way.
    I wanted to like Sam at the start of the season - thought he might be a Harold - but it was all over for me when he goaded Frank into the Marcel confrontation.
    and I did not understand why - when Sam cried about Elia's use of frozen waffles - the judges didn't ask Sam if he baked his bagels from scratch.

Single Gourmet
    miadora, he was just kidding about that. It's totally obvious that he was just joking with her.
    "Be kind to those you meet on your way up, because you'll meet the same people on the way back down."-Jackie Gleason/Ralph Kramden

Single Gourmet
    I still like him.
    "Be kind to those you meet on your way up, because you'll meet the same people on the way back down."-Jackie Gleason/Ralph Kramden

Quote Originally Posted by DagnyTaggart;2179164;
    I think Sam's a total tool. He has no evidenced charm or personality - he just broods and whines - two activities which are not attactive as a pair. I don't blame Marcel for wanting to object to the idea of Sam as master manager and motivator, but Marcel went about it in a horrible way.
    I wanted to like Sam at the start of the season - thought he might be a Harold - but it was all over for me when he goaded Frank into the Marcel confrontation.
    and I did not understand why - when Sam cried about Elia's use of frozen waffles - the judges didn't ask Sam if he baked his bagels from scratch.
    I didn't like the way he whined about Elia waffles either. It lacked grace and maturity.

FORT Fogey
    Sam fan here. If I were 20 years younger, I'd pine over him in big way. Now I just oogle.

+ Reply to Thread