+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Carlos Fernandez - Season 2

Carlos Fernandez - Season 2

Hometown: Hoboken, N.J; Currently resides in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Profession: Co-owner and executive chef of Hi-Life Café in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Education: Self-Taught
    Signature Dish: Pan-seared salmon filet with roasted red bliss potatoes and sautéed spinach

Carlos is a handsome and zealous Cuban with a flair for cooking and a passion for life. He is completely self-taught with ten years of culinary experience and his own restaurant, Hi-Life Café, where he serves as both co-owner and executive chef alongside his boyfriend of 12 years. He says everybody loves his lively and "cheery" personality in the kitchen, but when it comes to his craft, he refuses to be second to anyone. He credits Julia Child as one of the chefs he most admires for her practical, flavorful and fun approach to cooking.

Carlos brings good looks, a Latin flair, and an undeniable energy to the competition and he is ready to take on any challenge that comes his way.

The sultry Latin Lover thing is just not working for me. But kudos to him for his love of Julia Child. She's a virtual goddess.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

drama boy extraordinaire

FORT Fanatic
    Impressive - Final three?

Single Gourmet
    Could he be more vain and proud of his looks? Sorry, Chandler Bing took over briefly. He seems to be struggling, despite the 4-Star review he made sure everyone knew about. Maybe it was nerves?

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by chefashley;2112773;
    Could he be more vain and proud of his looks? Sorry, Chandler Bing took over briefly. He seems to be struggling, despite the 4-Star review he made sure everyone knew about. Maybe it was nerves?

Who's Chandler Bing? His business partner at the Hi-Life Cafe? Why not give Carlos the benefit of the doubt for now. Top Chef 1 winner Harold Dieterle was so nervous in the first quickfire (Who deserves to be here?) that he could not control his hands. They shook to the extent that he couldn't plate the food and he got kicked off the line despite being given a second chance by Hubert Keller.

Chandler Bing was a character on the TV show Friends.

I don't really care for Carlos at this point. I think he has a lot to prove in my book.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Yardgnome;2113077;
    Chandler Bing was a character on the TV show Friends.

I don't really care for Carlos at this point. I think he has a lot to prove in my book.
    I do like that he took the trouble to give first aid to Marissa when she cut herself.

Carlos.... I'm in a trivia game and the one to win the season (drawn by the host of the game) drew your name for me... I certainly don't think you will win it... I have other favs., but treat me right and keep at it!

+ Reply to Thread