+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Michael Midgley - Season 2

FORT Fanatic
    Bill Clinton has nothing on Michael Midgely when it comes to teflon.

Lex
    Mike was singled out as one of the best in the Quickfire Challenge. I was disappointed he didn't win though.
    "Ah don't hayave an acksent." - Kellie Pickler 2006

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex;2177414;
    Mike was singled out as one of the best in the Quickfire Challenge. I was disappointed he didn't win though.
    So was Frank singled out as one of the best in the quickfire. In fact, I thought Frank's dish was better than Marcel's watermelon. I was disappointed that Sam wasn't eliminated.

I was rooting for Mike to win the QF last nite too!

FORT Fanatic
    Check out Mike's Audition Video on the Bravo Top Chef Website. If you are a fan of Mike's now, after viewing the video you will probably wonder by what criteria Bravo selects its contestants.

gizmo1 -I just watched the first part of Mike's audition video - well, I watched part of it. He disgusted me so much, I didn't watch all of it. It just goes to show that they don't pick the people they think are the most talented, professional chefs. They also pick people for the interest value. My prediction is that somehow Mike will manage to stay around until amost the end. I don't think he'll make top 3, but I think he'll make it pretty close. Just because of the interest value - he gives people something to talk about.

Whatever Bravo's doing sure seems to be working on me, because I like Mike and I have no damned clue why. Something about him just amuses me, though his quality certainly isn't in Top Chef range -- although he does surprise me every now and then.

I guess after seeing so many of the contestants whine over how they're supposed to be doing fine dining, with the best ingredients in real kitchens, his type of complaining is a tiny change of pace. And it's kinda nice to see someone get excited over twice-baked potatoes.

"Someone's boring me. I think it's me." ~Dylan Thomas

FORT Fogey
    He has an "Animal House" quality about him. Kind of a mix between Bluto, Otter, and Pinto.

Single Gourmet
    I already saw that sad audition video, and lost any ounce of respect that I may have mustered in the past for Michael.

I just don't know how he's still in the competition.
    "Be kind to those you meet on your way up, because you'll meet the same people on the way back down."-Jackie Gleason/Ralph Kramden

Wouldn't you know he's a California dude?
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast