+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Michael Midgley - Season 2

Lex
    Mike has become my favorite. He's fun and reminds me of several of my college friends all roled up into a lovable pile of goo. Plus, when he applies himself, he can pull out good food. I hope he gets into the finals.
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo1;2144593;
    He lucked out by getting Ilan, the eventual winner, as a partner.
    I think Mike had as much input into the dish as Ilan did. It was a team effort and they both deserved the win (though only one could win).
    "Ah don't hayave an acksent." - Kellie Pickler 2006

FORT Fanatic
    Tom C. acknowledged that Ilan's experience as a chef in a restaurant specializing in Spanish cuisine was why the flavors in the soft shell crab - paella dish worked so well.

I've seen Superman Returns. Brian Singer and Chris Lee will be doing a sequel together.

FORT Fogey
    I don't know. To me, Michael seems overwhelmed by the competition. He seems to get so stressed that he can't focus on creating dishes.

I am not convinced he's a poor chef. I don't think we know what he can really do because he gets too stressed to create.

FORT Newbie
    I like Michael! he has some great ideas like the turduckin lasagne (too bad he didn't get to make it.) The judges seemed to think it sounded good. I'm glad to see he is continuing to advance. I hope he keeps it up

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;2154574;
    I don't know. To me, Michael seems overwhelmed by the competition. He seems to get so stressed that he can't focus on creating dishes.

I am not convinced he's a poor chef. I don't think we know what he can really do because he gets too stressed to create.
    Michael has a little bit of an inferiority complex (I'm out of my league) and needs to assert himself if he thinks he has a good idea.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo1;2156377;
    Michael has a little bit of an inferiority complex (I'm out of my league) and needs to assert himself if he thinks he has a good idea.
    Yeah, maybe that's it. He will have to get over whatever it is that's holding him back if he ever wants to be a leader in the kitchen - not to mention a good chef.

He either seems to have no thought going on upstairs (that quickfire with the snack food) or he has too much going on upstairs and not enough confidence to assert that it is a dish worthy to be taken seriously (the thanksgiving challenge). he's like one of those hyper kids with so much going on in their brains they can't pull it together to get any one concrete idea to work.

Lex
    I was surprised he didn't get into the Top 3 this week. I agreed with the judge who said his taco was perfect beach food. And it was great of the other chefs to help him out when he forgot his eggs.
    "Ah don't hayave an acksent." - Kellie Pickler 2006

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex;2172987;
    I was surprised he didn't get into the Top 3 this week. I agreed with the judge who said his taco was perfect beach food. And it was great of the other chefs to help him out when he forgot his eggs.
    Maybe his forgetting the main ingredient, eggs, is why he didn't make the top three. One has to wonder why this clown is still around. If Betty didn't start the "help the hapless" campaign with her egg donation, maybe Frank would still be around and Frank's "Dumb Little Brother" would be standing in front of the judges with Sam and Cliff.

He's a dumbass. I'm not saying he's never cooked anything good in his life, because obviously he did it at least once on this show, but the man is a big huge dumbass.

He's still on because he's more "identifiable" to most of the viewing public than guys like the guy with the Wolverine hair and the arrogant attitude or the guy who looks like Ted Allen (which will be HILARIOUS when Ted Allen is on tomorrow). Same reason, to a lesser extent, why Betty is still there, although she's at least alternated being very good with those times when she's screwed up horribly.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast