+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Elia Aboumrad - Season 2

Elia Aboumrad - Season 2

Hometown: Mexico City; Currently resides in Las Vegas, NV
    Profession: Assistant Room Chef at The Hotel
    Education: Ecole Lenotre, Paris

Elia is a Latin firecracker with a background that can compete with some of the best chefs in the country. She has earned 34 different culinary degrees and specializes in everything from French cuisine to chocolate making.

Elia learned in some of the toughest kitchens in Europe and even trained under the famed chef Joel Robuchon. Although people will think she is young and naive, she is an incredibly intelligent, creative and innovative young chef. It is no wonder that Elia's favorite movie is "Forrest Gump," a story of a boy who goes through struggles only to become one of the most self made men in America. Elia relates to this story, as in her past she struggled in the kitchen, but now she is a contestant in one of the most respected cooking competitions on television.

Wow, two contestants so far with links to Robuchon. Training under him would be amazing and DEMANDING. I'm definitely going to watch her... 34 culinary degrees... amazing.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

just 23 and 34 culinary degrees? My money is on her.

FORT Fanatic
    Elia must be incredibly smart. She even had self-doubts about becoming a chef because at the time she thought that "only stupid people become chefs and she'd be wasting her brains". Her Dad squashed that notion and she is now a chef and apparently a very good one with a resume that few chefs can match.

Single Gourmet
    She seems capable of "throwing someone off/under the bus." What else do they say on TC? "You guys are hosing me!" and "I'm in the weeds!" Yeah, she may result to sabotage; don't ask why, but I get that vibe from her. Like, because of her background and story, she deserves to win.

She definitely seems to have a nasty edge to her. I can't quite put my finger on it yet either, but there is a certain arrogance and contrarian nature to her personality that indicates she may turn out to be an ass.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

FORT Fanatic
    It's too early to pin a villain label on her. Right now she appears to be very competitive which I have no problem with.

FORT Newbie
    is it just me or does she sound less latin and more french? i'm putting money on her for final 3

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by bebe1978;2116527;
    is it just me or does she sound less latin and more french? i'm putting money on her for final 3
    I believe I read that she is Lebanese and trained in France but lives in Mexico City.

She is my favorite so far. Her accent is so cute.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast