+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Elia Aboumrad - Season 2

Lex
    I was glad to see her win again. Especially since it was a challenge that she went into with a more positive outlook. I think she'll definately make the Final Three/Four (whichever it is).
    "Ah don't hayave an acksent." - Kellie Pickler 2006

Lex
    Elia is still one of my favorites, but after the last episode I question her decision making. The two ideas she brought to the table, doing a low number of dishes and cooking during the party, was part of what sunk the team. And I hope she realizes that she has to think of the needs of the challege and, if her ideas won't work with the challenge, she may needs to make changes to her plans.
    "Ah don't hayave an acksent." - Kellie Pickler 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Lex;2184533;
    Elia is still one of my favorites, but after the last episode I question her decision making. The two ideas she brought to the table, doing a low number of dishes and cooking during the party, was part of what sunk the team. And I hope she realizes that she has to think of the needs of the challege and, if her ideas won't work with the challenge, she may needs to make changes to her plans.
    That's true, but at the same time one of the judges did say her scallops was the dish served that evening.

FORT Regular
    In an appetizer... more is better. Everyone knows that. Why didn't a chef? If she and Cliff had given Mia her due, they could have blown this challenge away. I think I saw a very lazy side to both Elia and Cliff on this one. Elia said that more is not better... then what the heck was the whole 3 part concoction with Carlos in the Stiffler's mother challenge? Elia needs to learn to listen and not run her mouth about something she knows nothing about... catering.

Donna

Quote Originally Posted by dondale56;2187250;
    In an appetizer... more is better. Everyone knows that. Why didn't a chef? If she and Cliff had given Mia her due, they could have blown this challenge away. I think I saw a very lazy side to both Elia and Cliff on this one. Elia said that more is not better... then what the heck was the whole 3 part concoction with Carlos in the Stiffler's mother challenge? Elia needs to learn to listen and not run her mouth about something she knows nothing about... catering.

Donna
    Yes I think if they had created even 2 to 3 more dishes with the same quality as Elia Scallops they could have won. They should have listed more to Mia.

Serial killer killer Winston Smith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dondale56;2187250;
    If she and Cliff had given Mia her due, they could have blown this challenge away. I think I saw a very lazy side to both Elia and Cliff on this one.
    Elia and Cliff did give Mia her due, but when they gave Mia a chance to make her case, Mia got snippy and told them she was through talking about it and that she wanted to move on. She kept whining about how nobody was listening to her, but when they stopped to listen, she didn't want to talk.

Single Gourmet
    Exactly right, Winston Smith.

Elia's team only made enough appetizers for each guest to eat 4. I don't know about those holiday parties, but guests at mine in NYC tend to eat well over a dozen each. They just didn't make enough food, simple as that. Maybe they should have listened to Mia, but she gave up too soon. Also, they needed vegetarian dishes.
    "Be kind to those you meet on your way up, because you'll meet the same people on the way back down."-Jackie Gleason/Ralph Kramden

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by chefashley;2187443;
    Exactly right, Winston Smith.

Elia's team only made enough appetizers for each guest to eat 4. I don't know about those holiday parties, but guests at mine in NYC tend to eat well over a dozen each. They just didn't make enough food, simple as that. Maybe they should have listened to Mia, but she gave up too soon. Also, they needed vegetarian dishes.
    I think during the planning stages, Mia was trying to be a team member and not create any controversy. This was why she didn't push anything after being either ignored or overruled by primarily Cliff. However, during the time she was out serving visitors, for a good time standing in front of an empty table while across the way there was food aplenty and the visitors were having a wonderful time, she began to get pissed as it didn't have to be this way if Cliff had listened to her.

FORT Fogey
    I'm a meeting planner. The rule of thumb is 6 to 8 pieces per person if you want something light before a dinner and 10 to 12 pieces if you are needing something more substantial. The quantity they prepared for depends on the nature and timing of the event.

If the guests were just there for a short time and then off to something else very quickly, smaller portions would do. The fact that there were sit-down tables in the area and people were meandering about tells us that the chefs needed to prepare larger quantities.

Regardless, four pieces per person is NOT enough. EVERYONE loves free food - esp. good food.

It it's true that they planned

FORT Fanatic
    The problem with the Black Team was not only having enough dishes, but in the choice of dishes. By choice of dishes I am referring to the fact that the chosen dishes have to be able to be prepped ahead of time and not go bad while waiting to be cooked. This would apply whether it was just four dishes or as many as the Orange Team prepared. If the Black Team had prepped enough to feed 200 guests on a continuous basis, and still have been able to select entrees that still leaned toward the high end, the outcome may have been different.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast