+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Betty Fraser - Season 2

Welcome to Hippo Heaven dogabone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex;2157510;
    Even though Betty was acting a little too harsh during the last episode, I still think she's one of the better chefs remaining. I just hope she realizes that she's maybe going a little too far.
    You might want to put that suggestion in past tense, seeing as how the entire show is already in the can.
    Mother Hubbard
    Queen of the Grammar Hammers

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex;2157510;
    Even though Betty was acting a little too harsh during the last episode, I still think she's one of the better chefs remaining. I just hope she realizes that she's maybe going a little too far.
    I don't expect Betty to make the final four based on what she had done so far. As she stated to the judges, she does comfort food. So does Rachel Ray.
    If her expertise at cooking doesn't extend beyond comfort food, I don't give her much of a chance when up against chefs like Sam, Cliff, Ilan or even Elia. She certainly is not a pastry chef as witnessed by her lack of knowledge of Splenda(good only as a coffee sweetener) and her pie filling "creme brules" (burned because she sprinkled ginger on top -ginger burns).

Lex
    I forgot something else I wanted to mention about Betty. I think she has a problem listening to directions. Their group was tasked with making a cutting edge Thanksgiving dinner. But every attempt to turn it into something cutting edge was shot down by Betty. Did she not hear that part of the challenge or did she completely ignore it? If she heard that part and thought "well, I don't do cutting edge" then why didn't she let another chef take charge?
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo1;2158551;
    I don't expect Betty to make the final four based on what she had done so far. As she stated to the judges, she does comfort food. So does Rachel Ray.
    If her expertise at cooking doesn't extend beyond comfort food, I don't give her much of a chance when up against chefs like Sam, Cliff, Ilan or even Elia. She certainly is not a pastry chef as witnessed by her lack of knowledge of Splenda(good only as a coffee sweetener) and her pie filling "creme brules" (burned because she sprinkled ginger on top -ginger burns).
    You have a point. The person I see winning is a chef who can be versital. Someone who can do many types of cuisines very well. Cliff is a more likely candidate than Betty right now.
    "Ah don't hayave an acksent." - Kellie Pickler 2006

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo1
    (burned because she sprinkled ginger on top -ginger burns).
    That was such a silly and avoidable mistake. And what made it worse to me was Betty implying that the blame for her crappy creme brulee was on the people who volunteered to help her. All Marcel did was burn sugar ... and ginger. How is he to blame for the pie filling texture? That turned me right off of Betty.

I'm so disappointed in Betty. She started out GREAT and now she is the bitchiest person in the group. When she announced to the whole group that she voted to kick Marcel off the show, I think she lost her credibility in the group totally. No one thought Marcel's dish was among the worst ones.

To top it off, screaming Carlos' name after she tried to be graceful but Carlos mentioned her name was just pathetic. I had such high hopes for you Betty, but you've dug your grave too deep to climb up now.

Quote Originally Posted by MotherSister;2159330;
    That was such a silly and avoidable mistake. And what made it worse to me was Betty implying that the blame for her crappy creme brulee was on the people who volunteered to help her. All Marcel did was burn sugar ... and ginger. How is he to blame for the pie filling texture? That turned me right off of Betty.
    You took the words right out of my mouth! I was most increduous to her blame-fest. The fact that she went after Carlos when he chose her and this AFTER she supposedly chose not to pick someone to go. She demonstrated very bad sportsmanship. And my goodness, who does she think will help her in the future if she's going to trash them for her mistakes? Her yelling match with Marcel was most uncalled for. I almost felt sorry for him and I just can't stand the man!

FORT Newbie
    The most annoying person on TV right now...just watch how phony she acts whenever they announce the winner of a challenge and it's not her.

I'm watching last week's episode (Thanksgiving) again and Betty just sickens me. I actually liked her at first but what an awful and unbearably annoying person. She just yells out over everyone else - she's one of those people who tries to win arguments by out-screaming the other person.

Last season's Tiffany is looking better and better.

I actually can respect Tiffani a lot more than Betty. As much as I disliked Tiffani she did prove herself to be a good cook. She also was not shy about voicing her dislike for people. Betty is so sneaky and immature it's not even fun to watch. She really has gone downhill fast.

I am eagerly awaiting her dismissal.

Lex
    Quote Originally Posted by Misaru;2159367;
    When she announced to the whole group that she voted to kick Marcel off the show, I think she lost her credibility in the group totally.
    What group? The other chefs? Nah, they want Marcel gone as much as Betty does.
    No one thought Marcel's dish was among the worst ones.
    What about the reactions the five winning chefs had to his dish? They immediately pointed out every negative thing about it and kept saying it was the worst dish. They were trying to get Marcel out too.

It's not just Betty. She's just the one that ended up voicing the feelings against Marcel. Those feelings had been building up since the beginning, but Betty was the one to let them out in the open. From there, the other chefs who dislike Marcel have just say back and quietly cheered her on. Just look at the joy on their faces as Betty is yelling at him at the end of last week's episode.
    "Ah don't hayave an acksent." - Kellie Pickler 2006

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast