+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Betty Fraser - Season 2

I hope this whole j'accuse thing goes away I have her pegged as one of my favorites right now and I don't want to see this undermine her.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I liked Betty a lot at the start of this show but her behavior the past couple of weeks is making me reevaluate my opinion of her. I think she knows what she did was wrong but since she felt she was staying under the 500 calories she felt justified. How is it that everyone knew the rules except for her? I am just not buying her excuse.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Yardgnome;2135859;
    I liked Betty a lot at the start of this show but her behavior the past couple of weeks is making me reevaluate my opinion of her. I think she knows what she did was wrong but since she felt she was staying under the 500 calories she felt justified. How is it that everyone knew the rules except for her? I am just not buying her excuse.
    If everyone knew the rules except Betty, why did they break the rules - extra olive oil (by unknowns), extra sugar in cole slaw (by finger pointer Mia)?

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo1;2136047;
    If everyone knew the rules except Betty, why did they break the rules - extra olive oil (by unknowns), extra sugar in cole slaw (by finger pointer Mia)?
    I think people were knowingly breaking the rules. Unfortunately the one that was made the biggest deal of was Betty. They never showed others using the extra olive oil or Mia putting the sugar in the coleslaw. I don't deny that they didn't happened but they made a pretty big deal about Betty's. I have to go off what I actually saw and I think Betty should have been eliminated from the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Yardgnome;2136251;
    I think people were knowingly breaking the rules. Unfortunately the one that was made the biggest deal of was Betty. They never showed others using the extra olive oil or Mia putting the sugar in the coleslaw. I don't deny that they didn't happened but they made a pretty big deal about Betty's. I have to go off what I actually saw and I think Betty should have been eliminated from the show.
    I think there were more than one person cheated, and Betty was the most dramatic of all -- good for tv.

I think Betty will come back strong!!! Because she seems like just that kind of person :-)

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Yardgnome;2136251;
    The competition is getting cut-throat. Because Betty is the front runner that is why some others "made a pretty big deal about Betty's". As for the olive oil, I have to believe what Sam said at the judging table to be a true and honest statement. I regret that he did not follow through and name names. In a way I can't fault Betty for fixing her recipe as the judges have continuously stressed that if a dish is bad, fix it or don't serve it. Now the cameras show someone (a hand but no face) pouring olive oil with no regard to measuring. We have to assume that this film clip is from this episode and not from another episode. As for Mia, I am really beginning to hate the woman and Mia probably hates Betty since they are roomies and Betty is where Mia wishes she was.

I don't buy Betty's excuse. Ther's no way she didn't know the recipie thing if everyone else knew. Mia is driving me crazy. SHe kept saying how people weren't throwing each other inder the bus, but she totally pointed the finger at Betty. She's such a hypocrite.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetman13;2148104;
    I don't buy Betty's excuse. Ther's no way she didn't know the recipie thing if everyone else knew. Mia is driving me crazy. SHe kept saying how people weren't throwing each other inder the bus, but she totally pointed the finger at Betty. She's such a hypocrite.
    I actually DO buy her excuse (although I'm unsure if ignorance means she shouldn't have been penalized).

She was in an interview piece during the midst of the second day prep where she CLEARLY stated what she was doing. If one was knowingly cheating, why would you reveal it so clearly on tape like that?

She discussed the changes openly in the interview, clearly, only because she thougt it was within the rules.

What penalty her mistake demanded is something else. As is any analysis of who else may or may not have changed their recipes.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Newbie
    My view is that Betty was the best story line mostly because of her personality and the fact that she admitted to the violation. My gut tells me that she was likely the least guilty party, but that could just have been indigestion.

I totally agree that Betty's was an honest mistake, because, yeah- she admitted to and explained the changes during her confessional. Doesn't make sense she'd do that if she knew it was in complete violation of the challenge rules.

As Krom said, I'm also not sure about whether or not that should be enough to eliminate her.

She seems like a strong contender- her dishes are always among the top.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast