+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Marcel Vigneron - Season 2

FORT Newbie
    he just seems like a spoiled little kiss arse.
    i mean maybe he does indeed have talent, but so far it's over shadowed.

FORT Newbie
    molecular gastronomist ? WTF... CIA is one of the greatest culinary schools in the US, but I say a simple line cook will win the whole thing. Oh, and that hair... think Liono from the Thundercats.

Single Gourmet
    I think Marcel thinks he's a super-hero. First, the hair is very reminiscent of Wolverine. Second, the "blazing eyes"? Finally, calling Betty his "arch nemesis"? I mean, I like him and all, but....he's not in Marvel comics.
    "Be kind to those you meet on your way up, because you'll meet the same people on the way back down."-Jackie Gleason/Ralph Kramden

Serial killer killer Winston Smith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by corprip;2131941;
    It makes me love him even more, and now I look at the rest of them (save for Elia) as weak little animal-minded people.
    When you say "animal-minded people" are you thinking of something that looks like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith;2131668;
    Perhaps the producers are being kinder to Marcel than we realize. While Betty's reaming of our little Thundercat may have seemed over the top, Marcel may have earned it in scenes that ended up "on the cutting room floor"
    Since the producers spared Betty even though she flagrantly broke the rules on the last challenge, I'm thinking maybe not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by ChEfJeFf;2133647;
    molecular gastronomist ?
    Molecular gastronomy sounds like something Star Jones would do so she could fit into a wedding dress. Either that or an intestinal disorder that would make people want to avoid getting into an elevator with me.

Seems like an odd term if you're describing something you want people to eat. But I just saw a travel ad where they touted the "gastronomy" of a hot vacation spot. Apparently this is a trendy term for people who like to cook. Go figure.

Four shows into the series, we've had two separate cheating scandals. But Marcel wasn't accused of wrongdoing in either instance. We've also had multiple instances of finger-pointing and under-the-bus tossing, but Marcel has barely had anything to do with that either.

His villain status is overhyped and undeserved since the "good guys" have stabbed more backs and broken more rules than he has.

I'm an out and proud Marcel fan now.

All hail Marcel, The Lord of the Thundercats!

Thundercats, hooooo!

this boy rubs me the wrong way. Maybe it's how his hair gets bigger and more pointier as the season progresses... Ah HA! Maybe he's a Super Sian! or whatever it is Goku is suppose to be....
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith;2137201;
    Molecular gastronomy sounds like something Star Jones would do so she could fit into a wedding dress. Either that or an intestinal disorder that would make people want to avoid getting into an elevator with me.

Seems like an odd term if you're describing something you want people to eat. But I just saw a travel ad where they touted the "gastronomy" of a hot vacation spot. Apparently this is a trendy term for people who like to cook. Go figure.
    Molecular gastronomy is a fairly legitimate movement in food--the application of scientific principals to culinary practices.

The problem is when an asshat like Marcel doesn't understand that the advanced techniques espoused by Molecular gastronomy have to be built upon a more basic skillset. You have to crawl before you fly. And that cooking is an art first and a science second.

Also, there's nothing in Molecular gastronomy which inherently espouses snobbery. It's simply a refinement of technique. It doesn't poo-poo the simpler things, it simply takes a different approach.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Does anyone who has watched Friends remember that nasty little monkey was named "Marcel?" LMAO

+ Reply to Thread