+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What kinds of challenges would you like to see for Season 2?

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl View Post
    Really great ideas in this thread, everybody.

I'd like to see a "Minimalist Challenge": five ingredients or less. There's a recipe of the week I could finally make!
    I like this one too. I hate extravagant meals that I could never make because I don't have the ingredients. Keep it simple but flavourful.

Quote Originally Posted by katiecoolady View Post
    How about a meal for first class on an airline?
    great idea! Airline food is normally horrid!

I would like to see a Breakfast food challenge.

I love breakfast food but after eating the same things over and over again...I can hate pancakes, waffles, and french toast. I am a firm believer that breakfast is the best meal of the day and can be served in the evening!

Eggs prepared differently would be nice. Omelets, scrambled, quiches, sunny side up are so overdone and outdated.

I would also like to see a casserole challenge. I love casseroles...yum yum!

One way to dress up pancakes is to add chocolate. I make a great banana-chocolate chip pancake. One thing I add to pancakes - and milkshakes - is a teaspoon or two of vanilla. Pancakes are great with whipped cream instead of boring syrup.

A breakfast challenge would be great. All this talk is making me hungry!

FORT Newbie

I totally agree!

I would love to see a 5 or 6 ingredient recipe challenge. Some of the recipes on the board are so involved that I don't have half of the ingredients needed for spices, etc. and am sure not going to purchase them to try out a recipe.

Yes, a cassaroll challange would be good. Or maybe given a common commercial food families always buy, like velveta macaroni and cheese or top ramen, and they have $20 to buy ingredients to go with it, to make it a spectacular dinner. (makes me crave my delux mac n cheese, made with velveta mac n cheese, a bag of frozen veggies, some sliced up sausage links, and extra cheese) Also, a sandwich challange with a sandwich i would actually eat. Or a hamburger/chicken sandwich challange. Cus those are friggin... awesome.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Adding a suggestion for season 3.

I liked the idea of not using modern techonolgy, but I would have loved to heave seen it taken further. Have the chefs prepare a meal as cooks did a century ago. Use ingredients that were available at the time. Kind of like that show 1900 House.

Lex
    I'd like to see them bring in another super-rare ingrediant like the truffles they had last season. I like seeing the chefs being creative with something they've never used before.

FORT Fanatic
    I'd like to see a challenge involving fine dining. That way we get rid of at least one of the comfort food chefs, Betty or Mia, and if we're really lucky, Frank's Dumb Little Brother.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Create a snack or meal for a coffee bar and a new take on a coffee drink.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast