+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What kinds of challenges would you like to see for Season 2?

I don't know what a "dog's breakfast" is either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Mayo View Post
    The dogs' do a "Ken" judging: If it's good, they'll eat it. If it's bad, flip the dish! (or maybe lift a leg on it, which still may be "Ken" judging)
    I have a feeling the latter type of "Ken judging" is exactly what would have occured had they kept him in the competition any longer. In which case, I would have suggested Tom Collichio invest in a raincoat.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

FORT Fanatic
    Market basket challenges/tests are common in culinary school:

Each contestant is given a set of ingredients. I'd like to see them all have the same basket of ingredients, separate them in separate kitchens and make them make an appetizer, salad and main entree.

I also like the idea of sending them to someone's home and making a meal out of what is already in the pantry, fridge and freezer. They'd LOVE coming to my house cuz we're usually well-stocked. Comes with having a son who's a chef.

The diet restriction is also a good idea. I was amazed at how they struggled with the high protein, high carb diet. Harold got it exactly right by offering a variety of selections.

I was surprised that no one featured rice or fruit in the high carb challenge. Brown rice, apples, are bursting with carbs

FORT Newbie
    Did anyone catch Dave's comments last night about what the finale challenge might be? Something like "I bet they'll take us on a wagon train out in the dessert with a bow and arrow and whatever you can kill you have to cook and it better look pretty." I almost spit up my drink I was laughing so hard! That's one idea you guys HAVEN'T come up with.

I'm loving the idea of a home "Chef Invasion" challenge more and more. It sort of reminds me of Project Runway's "Clothes On Your Back" challenge. If you saw it you'll know what I mean.

I was surprised that no one featured rice or fruit in the high carb challenge. Brown rice, apples, are bursting with carbs
    One thing they didn't realise too is that if you're a dancer/performer and have to be on stage for some time in a skintight outfit, fiber isn't your friend. You dont want to bloat out and you don't want a lot of trips to the bathroom... pasta is good and pure protein is good. Aside from taste I'm sure that's why they avoided Tiffani's salad and her raw meat too... (cooked = less chance of 'bugs').

I'd like to see them do more challenges for specific clients like that with dietary restrictions. I like that in this case it wasn't strictly necessary as health goes. No one was gonna die or get sick exactly, if they got it wrong. For that reason I'd rather it be athletes again or something like that, rather than for an old folks' home etc.

An old folks home really isn't what I was thinking when I mentioned my mom's dietary needs. She has a stronger stomach than I do! She doesn't live in a special place, but at home with family. When she did, however, I noticed the food there was very bland and boring. I'd love to have a real chef go in these places and show them how to use spices and herbs for taste enhancement.

I was thinking more along the lines of a luncheon just like the Junior League challenge. Any group of people with a special goal or affliliation would be ideal. I hope that makes sense what I thought might make an interesting challenge.

I wasn't speaking of any one post in particular... I think I just kind of meshed them all up in my mind! And just babbled out loud the way I often do. LOL.

I think I replied to that post you mentioned in the affirmative, earlier on. I was just thinking that if they do do a dietary restriction challenge, I hope it's for athletes or someone else who can't be truly harmed by a mistake... like if it's a religious group, vegetarians, (both would be emotionally harmed) or someone in ill or frail health.

Liability issues alone would preclude them from doing such a challenge. I mean can you imagine? "Today you must cook for people with severe peanut allergies!" *choke*

Trust me, none of the producers want to get sued. You can bet they have people working on keeping their asses legally covered.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl View Post
    Liability issues alone would preclude them from doing such a challenge. I mean can you imagine? "Today you must cook for people with severe peanut allergies!" *choke*

Trust me, none of the producers want to get sued. You can bet they have people working on keeping their asses legally covered.

I'm not following...WHAT challenge are you talking about that would be precluded??
    Chefs have to deal with patrons at restaurants with food allergies on a daily basis.

By health issues I didn't mean allergies... no, that could result in anaphylaxsis and death! That's a bit too much reality for Bravo, I'd say!

I was referring more to people who might just feel kind of blah after eating something off their normal diet, i.e. food that was too rich for them, or too spicy. Not as a matter of taste but more as a matter of their health just not being fully up to par. Not a life or death matter, though. (Like the athletes. "This isn't the type of thing I do well on".)

More along Andrea's line of thinking - she cured her hypothyroidism or more accurately got it way under control through proper diet. Feed her things she does not thrive on, and she'd soon feel like she was dragging her feet, and her digestion would slow, etc.

Nevermind, it's too hard to explain what I mean. Obviously not nut-legume-allergy anaphylaxsis though. Especially not if there was a super competitive type in the contest. What if they'd toss some almonds into someone's stew, just to oust a tough competitor.

Quote Originally Posted by dogabone View Post
    I'd like to see the chefs tackle food for a restricted diet—e.g., diabetic, wheat-free, lactose-free, or kosher. In fact, kosher could bring a twist. Start by asking them to prepare a kosher recipe, then spring on them that it must be kosher for Passover (more restrictions). The food itself would not have to be strictly (glatt) kosher; it could simply be kosher style—just follow the rules about not mixing milk and meat; restricting meats to beef, lamb, veal, goat, and venison (farm raised, though); using only fish with fins and scales; etc. Then, throw in the restrictions on leavening, and you'd have one heck of a challenge.
    I love this idea! It would require a background in nutrician. My stepfather is on dialysis and a heart diet. Creating meals for him is tricky. My father and mother-in-law are diabetic and creating meals for them challenging. My sister and my cousin are vegetarians.

Can you imagine trying to host a family gathering?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast