+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What kinds of challenges would you like to see for Season 2?

FORT Regular

Then Why?

The Scotts' Reception Challenge involved making a Wedding Cake! That task was given to the chefs with the assumption that they should be able to create a wedding reception menu and plus the cake.
    Lee Anne had some fancy, ginger-lotus type cake on her menu and was picked by the Scotts' partly because of her idea for the cake. I don't think Lee Anne would put it on her menu if she didn't know how to make it. All the chefs had cakes on their menus. It was a requirement of the challenge. They went with boxed cake because of lack of time/resources.

I thought it would be nice for the viewers to finally go back and get a chance to see these high end chefs actually build one. After all, everyday people make cakes from scratch all the time.

How about they prepare a meal for all the contestants from Season 1. Each assigned to each contestant. Make them a meal based on their preferences/styles. Whatcha think?

FORT Regular

Been There, Done That

Quote Originally Posted by katiecoolady View Post
    How about they prepare a meal for all the contestants from Season 1. Each assigned to each contestant. Make them a meal based on their preferences/styles. Whatcha think?
    I would like to see some of the season 1 contestants come back as judges somewhere in the middle of season 2. Gives us a chance to catch up and see how the chefs we rooted for are doing now. I'm not sure what kind of food challenge I'd pick for that, though.

Last night, I was inspired.

A great challenge would be taking each chef to a home with kids, a parent or two possibly and a normal everyday kitchen -- and giving them 2 hours to come up with a multi-course meal. They have to work with whatever is in the house, period.

I would have LOVED to see Stephen or Tiffani in my kitchen! LOL
    Oh...my...Hell -- Heather, ROL 2007

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by MNIrishAngel View Post

A great challenge would be taking each chef to a home with kids, a parent or two possibly and a normal everyday kitchen -- and giving them 2 hours to come up with a multi-course meal. They have to work with whatever is in the house, period.

Years ago I remember listening to an "All Things Considered" broadcast where they did exactly that. Some famous chef went to the house of one of the hosts and made an impromptu meal with just what they had around the house (which was basically eggs and tomatoes if I remember correctly). Damn I wish I could remember the name of the chef and the host, but it was a great segment. Anyone who says "Top Chef" is uninteresting because you can't taste the food...well....I couldn't even SEE the food they were talking about.

You guys are so creative. I love all your ideas!

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by MNIrishAngel View Post

We have a local show that does this with local restaurant chefs. I like it.

Really great ideas in this thread, everybody.

I'd like to see a "Minimalist Challenge": five ingredients or less. There's a recipe of the week I could finally make!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl View Post
    Really great ideas in this thread, everybody.

I'd like to see a "Minimalist Challenge": five ingredients or less. There's a recipe of the week I could finally make!
    I like that. Sometimes these chefs get used to making complicated dishes; simple could be a challenge.

The popularity of dog-friendly cafes is growing. I'd like to see the chefs create luncheon for celebrity owner/dog judges. If a dog won't eat it, then the cook NEEDS to go home.

If a dog won't eat it, then the cook NEEDS to go home.
    That made me:

I think Stephen definitely would've lost a dog-dinner challenge (just don't call it a dog's breakfast, or our British friends will giggle!!). Those tiny bits with the (to quote PB & J) unidentified brown liquid in between! A dog could eat that in one lick.

How would they interview the doggiess to find out who won, though?

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    That made me:

I think Stephen definitely would've lost a dog-dinner challenge (just don't call it a dog's breakfast, or our British friends will giggle!!). Those tiny bits with the (to quote PB & J) unidentified brown liquid in between! A dog could eat that in one lick.

How would they interview the doggiess to find out who won, though?
    The dogs' do a "Ken" judging: If it's good, they'll eat it. If it's bad, flip the dish! (or maybe lift a leg on it, which still may be "Ken" judging)

I would hope that someone would have the decency to tell Stephen dogs don't eat cold cataloupe soup. Also, it would be kind to inform him that if he waves a sabre around a big dog; he could get himself "neutered" most uncomfortably.

I don't understand the British-dog's breakfast reference. I've never heard of that before. Perhaps I shouldn't ask!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast