+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: 5/10 Reunion Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I've watched and rewatched this episode many times also ...

Tiffany: I think she probably deserved what she got from most of the contestants. I noticed that - like Wendy Pepper - she never denied anything about sabotaging the other's ovens. I would not like to work for this person, she would not create a "happy work environment". I do think that's important, because the last thing I want is a chef preparing my food who is angry at someone else and taking it out on me!

Dave: Love the shirt. Hate that he had to fight Tiffany for it. Wonder if Harold would give him a job in his new restaurant?!?

Harold: HIRE DAVE!!! Hope this guy wins.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Regular
    Okay, maybe it's me, and there were some compelling moments (Stephen's apology to Candace, for starts) but if I want to watch a bunch of drunk people behaving badly, I'll go to a family reunion. This is the one episode I have no problem changing the channel from. Sheesh.

5Dog

Quote Originally Posted by mom2 View Post
    I've watched and rewatched this episode many times also ...

Tiffany: I think she probably deserved what she got from most of the contestants. I noticed that - like Wendy Pepper - she never denied anything about sabotaging the other's ovens. I would not like to work for this person, she would not create a "happy work environment". I do think that's important, because the last thing I want is a chef preparing my food who is angry at someone else and taking it out on me!

Dave: Love the shirt. Hate that he had to fight Tiffany for it. Wonder if Harold would give him a job in his new restaurant?!?

Harold: HIRE DAVE!!! Hope this guy wins.
    Honestly, sabotaging the ovens or not, those people wouldn't have won. I think a lot of it was sour grapes over not being a contestant anymore on their part. those people had nerve. They were substandard cooks and that's it. Stephen, good or bad, can cook and knows how to handle wine. Candace was a joke. I think she thought she would win because she was prettier than the others. Boo hoo, she actually had to work and started to cry all the time. And, that old lady was a drunk and a joke. She's lucky they were casting types because she could not cook if her life depended on it. Nobody stole her whatever. She was so drunk she misplaced it or never had it. I noticed all these people were really good at making excuses.

No, don't hire dave. You can't have someone who can't handle pressure working under you. He's a cry baby and a player for the camera. He lost his IT job and his rest job, see a pattern? Excuses such as the bottoming out of the it industry and selling of the rest don't fly. If he were all that, the other owner would have brought him along. There's a story there about Dave that we don't have. He's not very good.

I think Harold wins, but don't really care. And, no if Dave were still in it, I would not. They are chefs. It's no big thing
    Oh I wish I were an Os-car Mayer Wie - ner
    That is what I'd tru-ly like to be
    'cause if I were an Os-car May-er Wie - ner
    Ev-ery one would be in love with me.

c. Oscar Mayer, 1965.

Quote Originally Posted by Weinie View Post
    Honestly, sabotaging the ovens or not, those people wouldn't have won. I think a lot of it was sour grapes over not being a contestant anymore on their part. those people had nerve. They were substandard cooks and that's it. Stephen, good or bad, can cook and knows how to handle wine. Candace was a joke. I think she thought she would win because she was prettier than the others. Boo hoo, she actually had to work and started to cry all the time. And, that old lady was a drunk and a joke. She's lucky they were casting types because she could not cook if her life depended on it. Nobody stole her whatever. She was so drunk she misplaced it or never had it. I noticed all these people were really good at making excuses.

No, don't hire dave. You can't have someone who can't handle pressure working under you. He's a cry baby and a player for the camera. He lost his IT job and his rest job, see a pattern? Excuses such as the bottoming out of the it industry and selling of the rest don't fly. If he were all that, the other owner would have brought him along. There's a story there about Dave that we don't have. He's not very good.

I think Harold wins, but don't really care. And, no if Dave were still in it, I would not. They are chefs. It's no big thing
    First of all, where do you get that Dave has made excuses??
    Owning a business is a hard thing, most fail within their first year, and the .com crash did happen.
    Also, people do lose their jobs due to the it closing, it happens all of the time in this day in age...especially in food industry. Restaurants/caterers have a high failure rate when they are new. To say, "he's not very good" because at 45 years old he has had one failed business and lost another job, is not being realistic to what happens in the world. Not everybody has money to back them up or connections to help them make it.
    Some people fail at first before finding something that they are successful doing, and it might take them until 45!

Anyway, I think Dave can handle pressure just fine, he made it to the final three, right??
    Dave's way of coping and getting through things is to be external about his feelings....but so what.
    When he was hectic or emotional it did not seem to effect anybody else around him in a bad way.

When Dave was asked to participate in a group challenge he stepped up, and won the restaurant challenge for his group. In the wedding challenge he was specifically named by Lee Anne as the one bright spot in an other wise disastrous dinner.

Dave was roundly liked by his castmates, and still keeps in contact with some of them, and they are the ones who had to work with him in the kitchen and live with him in the house, so they know more than anyone of us.

He seems to be nice person who would not do anything to purposefully cause anybody any problems in the work place. He began his career as a cook late in life, but seems to be good enough to keep pace with people who have years of experience under their belts.

I would not mind having him work for me if I owned a restaurant.

jmo

Quote Originally Posted by Weinie View Post
    Excuse me? What pattern? A very close friend of mine worked for a restaurant and the area he was in, became so saturated, the owner closed a couple of them one of which my friend worked, he was told he was excellent but they couldn't AFFORD him. Would you say that wouldn't fly?

Another casual aquaintance had a job at a dot com - guess what? BELLY UP! - His fault there? I've seen people come & go in different postions different places and quite frankly I think Dave is real, but has had some hard luck. I think he CAN handle pressure, but this whole thing of TV, combined with the fact that his luck has been crappy might just be A TAD STRESSFUL.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I agree with the .com situation. I work at a business where we sell advertising and boy did we have some out there for several .com's and we lost a ton because so many went out of business. And I also have to say that while yes Dave was too emotional more times than I care for, he also made quality food (never, ever a complaint about the way the food tasted) and was a quality person. You could see it in everything he did and the way he treated others. And props to anyone who has the courage to start over at 45! That is fantastic and I wish I had to ability and the courage do some life changing action such as this! Dave will find a wonderful job doing what he loves. Cooking great food, full of great taste with great emotion.

+ Reply to Thread